Damage to the Gel Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

William Whalen

HELP? There are products available for repair out there. I'm trying to determine what's the best/easiest way to repair 1/8" blisters and a "brusied" bow? Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks the willstir

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Blisters in your gelcoat?

That's kinda strange to be getting blisters above the waterline. I believe West Marine carries gelcoat repair products. Can't suggest one over another but be sure to get the right color (there's a difference between white & off white!). Good luck! LaDonna

D

Don Fitzpatrick

Below waterline ??

Are your blisters below (or on) the waterline? And what do you mean "brusied" bow?

J

Jim

West Epoxy System

West Epoxy Systems has a booklet on blister repair that they sell for $3.00. It explains how to repair blisters and do general fiberglass repairs. I believe West and 3M also have web sites where you can get more information.

B

Bob Camarena

Another Plug for West

I've used West System Epoxy several times. The system is great when it comes to mixing, using the special pumps that attach to the cans. There's no guessing, one pump of resin and one pump (from a smaller pump) of hardner and you have the proper proportions, nothing could be easier and there's very little waste.

R

Robert Moretti

Surveyor's opinion

For an alternative opinion on blisters and their seriousness, log onto www.yachtsurvey.com and read the articles on osmosis and blistering.

Status
Not open for further replies.