Curtain tracks - 11.0a

May 26, 2004
- - Oriental, NC
Mark

Nice job. Just planning to redo all my curtains on my O'Day 35. I really like your idea and source for parts. What dimensions did you cut your "T" track cross section to. Have some teak strip that will be perfect for this. Appreciate it.

Good Winds
DaveM

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
I replicated the 34 yr old plastic tracks as I'm using the same curtains. If u need numbers I can get the mic out

May 26, 2004
- - Oriental, NC
Mark

Would appreciate dimensions of your new wood track. Thanks for the effort.

Good Winds
DaveM

Oct 3, 2007
S2 11.0A Driveway
Hi Mark,
I've got an 11.0A also that I've owned for 19 years now. I replaced some of the original track when I bought the boat. Then I did what you did some years back. I'm sure you're getting the same satisfaction as I did. It really goes a long way in getting rid of the RV look that the originals had.
I've done a lot of mods and upgrades on my boat over the years (too many to list) and would love to compare notes, share ideas, etc.
By the way. I'm pretty close to you over in Port Hadlock.

Attachments

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Hi.
Be glad to exchange ideas. Been through the canal several times. Years (decades) ago...I haven't done many "changes". Mainly replacing stuff like tanks and rebuilding engine. I did add a windlass and plotter/radar/AIS/auto..re rigged along with new main since the mast was down. Are you in long term storage or just pulled for the winter?

Oct 3, 2007
S2 11.0A Driveway
The boat will probably be out a few years. Got a few land projects going on and the money saved on yard/slip fees will buy some new stuff for the boat. The gel-coat is getting porous and thin on the decks and cockpit and needs to be dealt with. I've been thinking about it for years and still don't know what I'm going to do with the non-skid. The smooth areas will be built up with new gel.
What engine do you have? How many hours before the rebuild? I've got the 3 cylinder Volvo (MD17c).
Mitch

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Also have the MD17C. FWC..we bought this boat 3 yrs ago in Seattle. We weren't even looking for a boat but the free mags listed it for sale so we drove down and looked at it on a rainy Sunday. I had an 11.0a in the mid eighties when I met my wife and we traded it for an '81 Gulfstar 44 ketch which we lived on for 13 yrs. so I knew the boat well when we looked at this one. It was badly neglected with broken windows/rotted running/etc. the interior was still a 9/10 so we made a LOW offer and it was accepted with the usual contingencies and we've been using it and refitting it with me doing most of the work. The first winter I rebuilt the diesel as it used more oil than diesel. Subsequent winters were tank replacements amongst a myriad of others. We're lucky as all settee/quarter tanks fit through the companionway. I'm not sure of hrs on the engine when I rebuilt it. The hr meter stated ~2400 but I don't know when the meter was installed. Given what I saw of prior owner usage, it's probably close...