Could easily lose my boat

Feb 1, 2011
sail boat dock
''I've always thought most do these kinds of things for the recognition, or ego maybe. But I don't know. I myself have done truly outrageous things simply to see if I could pull it off; for instance I one time jumped onto a moving train from a bridge top. Could not resist it. No one around to see it, and at the time would never have told anyone for fear of the reprisals. I wanted to see if I could do it, and how many people could say they've done such a thing. It no longer matters, as I tend to be a little 'looser' with my adventures and tales nowadays because no one cares. (Turns out it is a WHOLE lot harder to get back off a moving train than jump it from a bridge).''

you forgot the OTHER reason we do things like jump on moving trains or cliff dive 60 ft, which is to impress women !

Feb 1, 2011
sail boat dock
Better than Goose !

They could be eating sled dogs in Calgary by now.....

JohnS

Sep 25, 2008
Islander (Wayfarer/McGlasson) 32 St Georges Harbor
you forgot the OTHER reason we do things like jump on moving trains or cliff dive 60 ft, which is to impress women !
Which is doubly amusing because usually they just roll their eyes at such stunts.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Imagine climbing into the rigging of a square rigger in those conditions to furl and reef sails.
ya mon.

Imagine being a lowly pressed crew member with Admiral Anson on his epic voyage.

Boggles my pea brain. Of course half were dead by the time they crawled into the Pacific.