Coin in hull of O'Day Sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
One of my favorite fictions was written by Jan Adkins, entitled "Storm Without Rain." The story is centered in Marion Ma., Cape Cod and the Islands. It's a short read. My other favorite is "Chesapeake" by James A. Michener which is a long read.

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
With great chagrin

One of my favorite fictions was written by Jan Adkins, entitled "Storm Without Rain." The story is centered in Marion Ma., Cape Cod and the Islands. It's a short read. My other favorite is "Chesapeake" by James A. Michener which is a long read.
- - - - // - - - -

It is with great chagrin that I must talk about a nickel in an O'Day 26.

No it was not put in during construction. But about 15 years later.

I went to boat and took picture. After getting a close as possible the blue around the nickel was not during construction so I pried around and wa la the the coin came loose.

I got suckered into a con job worthy of Barack Obama.

I tried to move it the first time I saw it but it did not budge, this time I was more determined and it started to come and with more effort, it was off.

So much for traditions and ancient customs except for pulling a trick on the guy down the road.

See picture of nickel glued to hull of O'Day 26 below. It is no longer glued there.

Ed K

Attachments

Oct 10, 2009
Catalina 27 Lake Monroe
But it's still a cool concept. When I put my compression post back in, I may wedge in a silver dollar.

Oct 2, 2008
Island Packet 31 Brunswick, Ga
Trinkka said:
I would love to read Chesapeake. I read one of his earliest about Texas; my home for many years. If I ever get to retire and become a cruiser, I want to read a lot of books during my sailing adventures.

Oct 2, 2008
Shoaldrafter said:
- - - - // - - - -

It is with great chagrin that I must talk about a nickel in an O'Day 26.

No it was not put in during construction. But about 15 years later.

I went to boat and took picture. After getting a close as possible the blue around the nickel was not during construction so I pried around and wa la the the coin came loose.

I got suckered into a con job worthy of Barack Obama.

I tried to move it the first time I saw it but it did not budge, this time I was more determined and it started to come and with more effort, it was off.

So much for traditions and ancient customs except for pulling a trick on the guy down the road.

See picture of nickel glued to hull of O'Day 26 below. It is no longer glued there.

Ed K
Another myth bites the dust. It was fun while it lasted.

Jan 24, 2005
Oday 222 Dighton, Ma.
I would love to read Chesapeake. I read one of his earliest about Texas; my home for many years. If I ever get to retire and become a cruiser, I want to read a lot of books during my sailing adventures.
Chesapeake has a few funny charactors like Timothy Turlock and his son who was part native American who was called "Stuby". You'll laugh at some of the crazy antics these guys do to make money the easy way.

Dec 8, 2006
Oday 26 Starr, SC
Fiction or Fact

Chesapeake has a few funny charactors like Timothy Turlock and his son who was part native American who was called "Stuby". You'll laugh at some of the crazy antics these guys do to make money the easy way.
- - - - // - - - -

Joe, actually Keith needs to get away from fiction which allows him to continue his Liberal ways. He needs to read some hard to read factual books.

Here is a book about boats. It is about two American boat builders still alive! It is a good read and it is factual:

Wooden Boats by Michael Ruhlman, "In pursuit of the perfect caraft at an American boatyard." It is available is hard or paperback. It is worth the effort for anyone interested in boats and sailboats.

Since Keith tells us about his sons, maybe he should get them a copy of "The Science of Sucess" by Charles G. Koch. It is a very good how to do it book. Now of course, Keith would not read such a book, but his sons might.

As to the Silver Dollar under the mast, I would say that might be handy as a secret cache for calamity of future chaos.

Ed K

Attachments

Oct 2, 2008
Shoaldrafter said:
- - - - // - - - -

Joe, actually Keith needs to get away from fiction which allows him to continue his Liberal ways. He needs to read some hard to read factual books.

Here is a book about boats. It is about two American boat builders still alive! It is a good read and it is factual:

Wooden Boats by Michael Ruhlman, "In pursuit of the perfect caraft at an American boatyard." It is available is hard or paperback. It is worth the effort for anyone interested in boats and sailboats.

Since Keith tells us about his sons, maybe he should get them a copy of "The Science of Sucess" by Charles G. Koch. It is a very good how to do it book. Now of course, Keith would not read such a book, but his sons might.

As to the Silver Dollar under the mast, I would say that might be handy as a secret cache for calamity of future chaos.

Ed K
Ed, you old Scrooge. I did read a book on success one time.

The loser.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.