Cockpit table leg

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
I fixed my table leg today but whenit is folded up seems too long and the table doesn't sit flush to the wheel mount. Is this normal or is my leg too long?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
I’ve seen several boats where that was easily fixed by cutting the leg and adding a hinge in order to have the table store flat. I’m sure some others have pictures that would be of help to you. Including your pictures would help since there are some fine wood crafters available in this forum, and a few comedians.

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
JRT, when we got our C310 the previous owner told us that we needed to keep our foot near the end of the leg (at the floor) because if someone hit the leg the table would crash down. Also, the table was not flat, it was higher at the leg end. We did this for most of the summer until one day it all didn't make sense. I looked under the table and noticed that the hinged part of the leg had a circular piece of metal that looked crushed. The leg is supposed to slide up into this piece, but couldn't. I took it apart, re-formed it to original, and the leg slides up into a locking position. When you want to fold the table, raise the end of the table, the leg slides out of the mystery piece, then you tuck the leg up and lower the table, then use the 'special' bungee cord to secure it.
When you look at it, this should make sense.

Cheers
dj

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks @DaveJ mine was also crush and rigged wrong. I got everything straight and plug into the reciever and installed new bolt. No bungee on mine so I figured asystem out today. Also today I angled the leg under drink holder further back and it seemed to work better.

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
This is our factory leg.
IMG_20191006_081419804_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191006_081426927_HDR.jpg

The second pic I lifted the table to show the slot. When you fold up the table you move the leg down the slot so it has room to fold up under the cup holder.

Good luck and fair winds,

Jesse

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Thanks @JK_Boston_Catalina310 , the leg has to angle under the cup holders for my table to go back flat for stowage. I thought maybe it would fit folded up inside the table lip but the leg seems too long.