Clogged Sanitation Hose

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
We used a double barbed plastic connector to connect the old and new hose. Then push the new to replace the old, that way they will stick together. we also plugged both ends with rags and duct taped over the plugged ends. Didn't drip at all.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Attention P42 owners, do any of you know the length of the sanitation hose between the holding tank aft head fitting and the aft head discharge port? Decided at this point to replace the one inch ID by one and three eighths inch OSD with Trident heavy duty sanitation hose (101-1000). Some suppliers sell this in 12..5 foot lengths in addition to by the foot and in 50 foot rolls (way more than I need). Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Hate to say it, but Defender is having a pretty good sale right now.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The two points I like,
  1. The flexibility to insert it and bend corners that were introduced by the original installer.
  2. The hose has history of no permeation

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Decided at this point to replace the one inch ID by one and three eighths inch OSD with Trident heavy duty sanitation hose (101-1000)
Trident 101/102 (identical except for color) is one of only two hoses I recommend...but they have one major drawback: they're stiff as an ironing board, making it necessary to insert inline radius bend fittings anywhere the hose run bends more than 8-10 degrees. jssailem gave you good advice. Raritan SaniFlex is the only other hose I recommend...it has the same odor permeation resistance--with a 10 yr track record to prove it--but is so flexible it can be bent like a hairpin without kinking...Defender has it on sale for <$10/ft and WM will price match 'em. (Sorry Dave.)
THAT's why, Mark! :biggrin:

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Oct 22, 2014
Me too.
But I suspect I’ll get a second chance to solve the problem. It’s a boat.

Oct 3, 2014
Marlow-Hunter MH37 Lake City, MN
I'm in the middle of replacing my holding tank, head, and all hoses. I'm using Raritan Saniflex. I haven't installed all of the hoses yet, but I've pulled them everywhere they need to be to determine the lengths, and I've cut the hoses to length. It is VERY easy to work with. It bends very easily without kinking, cuts easily with a hacksaw (use a wire nippers to cut the reinforcing wire so you don't get poked) and I can tell that the final install will be a breeze. I have two bends I couldn't imagine doing with a stiff hose like Trident.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Now could you please explain 'ironing board' to the youngsters. :)
<LOL>! This is an ironing board. As you can see, it's not very flexible.

ironing board and iron.jpg
The thing sitting on it is called an iron, which is a device used to remove wrinkles from fabrics--something that may come back into practice if/when clothing designers ever decide to use something other than unmade beds for inspiration.

--Peggie

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
<.... This is an ironing board. ... The thing sitting on it is called an iron, which is a device used to remove wrinkles from fabrics--something that may come back into practice if/when clothing designers ever decide to use something other than unmade beds for inspiration. --Peggie
And, yes, for you OLDSTERS, you CAN use it to remove skin wrinkles. :)

Oct 22, 2014
Oh yes. Viral. I want to see that one. Put up the YouTube link right away.

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I really hate to break up this party, but this thread seems to have outlived its purpose, at least for now. So, with regret 'cuz I've had a lot of fun here with y'all, I'm bowing out until/unless someone posts an on-topic question again.

Luv all of ya!

--Peggie

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Thanks Peggie for your expertise and commentary. Defender has the Raritan SFH1 hose on sale until this coming Monday for $8.70/ft. So I'm going to measure this Saturday and place my order.

A bit of hyperbole to say that the Trident hose is as stiff as an ironing board, since that is what Hunter used originally and it has a 90 degree bend right at the toilet connection as well as a lesser bend where it connects to the holding tank.

P. S. Party is just getting started, but we'll miss you for now. I owe this thread a post mortem so to speak.

Last edited: