Checking In!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2004
Com-Pac 23 Port Orange, FL
Welcome to the new site! I think this is going to be lot of fun. For now, a lot of the "Com-Pac" content is just a shell, but with time we'll get all the boat info up as well as refine our forums here. I'm really looking forward to this reliable site and building a great resource for all Com-Pac owners!

--Greg

Nov 9, 2008
Com-Pac Yacht Com-Pac 16 Colorado
The best of com-pac sailing Information

Yes, this would be a great site to share information about the com-pac boats. My wife and I have been sailing about 20 times this year on our com-pac 16. Have some winter projects to do, and dreaming about spring 09.

Nov 9, 2004
Hunter 41AC Long Beach MS
Great to see this site up! I have owned a CP 19 and recently moved up to a CP 25. Been part of the CP family since 83. I look forward to seeing information shared here. I am lucky as I get to sail most all year long here in Mississippi.

Feb 29, 2004
Com-Pac 23 Port Orange, FL
Sailing-n-Miss...how recently have you bought your 25? I used to own a Catalina 27 and now a CP23. To be honest with you, I miss a lot of what the larger boat had to offer, especially the headroom and enclosed head, however, I use the 23 A LOT more than I did the Catalina. I wasn't comfortable singlehanding the Catalina, but with the CP23, I'm out solo more often than with a crew...and sometimes I like it that way!

I'd love a CP27 but the CP25 might be a next step for me.

Do you have a trailer for yours. I wonder about ramp launching a 25.

--Greg

Nov 9, 2004
Hunter 41AC Long Beach MS
Hey Greg, I bought my 25 in Feb. of 08. Worked on getting it just right... polishing hull and decks, and launched it in March. The water was low and the Ramp had a shallow approach (I do have a trailer). I had no problem launching the boat with the tongue extension, floated it right off the trailer. This was the first time I launched and it did take three of us to step the mast, not as easy as my 19 but I really didn't think it was that hard. I borrowed a friend's dually to drive it from SC to MS and used my 1/2 ton to pull it about 100 miles to the lake. I knew it was back there but overall it didn't do too badly. I mostly sail single handed and it is no problem for me at all. I love the room down below; remember though that I came from a 19. I am working on a mast raising system so that I can handle that by myself.

Oct 30, 2010
Com-Pac Legacy (16.5) Lake Chautauqua
I bought my Com-Pac Legacy three years ago. I keep at in a slip in Lake Chautauqua. I sail on larger boats at Seven Seas on Lake Erie (Buffalo) and at Olcott on Lake Ontario. The amazing part of sailing the Legacy is that it has the feel of a larger boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.