Changing Hoses, Catalina 320!

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
I want to change the hose from the deck fitting to the T where the tank discharge splits for either pump out or macerator pumping overboard. I can't figure out how to remove the hose at the deck fitting. I can get behind the vanity cabinet to access the hose, but the hose disappears between the liner and the deck so that it is impossible to remove clamps from underneath.

I lifted the deck fitting almost an inch before I can't lift it any more. The top end of the hose is exposed for maybe 1/4", but I can tell that the cut out is not large enough to lift the hose out if there are clamps. Has anybody solved this riddle? Are there clamps? I'm working blind here! :what:

Behind the vanity, the hose smells more like rubber, but it smells like sewer under the salon seat where it is at tank level (and the hose would be submerged in sewage on a routine basis. I'm thinking about splicing the hose about 18" below the deck level and calling it a day. I can get my hands on it behind the vanity at least.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Update: @Ward H helped me with this one ... simply needed to remove more trim pieces to gain access. I don't know why it wasn't apparent from the git-go! It wasn't so bad once I got my hands in there! :facepalm:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Way to go Ward... Helping a friend. That will give you points somewhere.