CE Certicication

Sep 9, 2020
Hunter 36 Lemmer
Hi Folks,
I'm about to buy a Hunter 36 with a Twin Keel. Now the seller sends me the CE certificate and in this, the boat is 4 cm shorter and 10 cm narrower than in the manual. It is also in category B and on the yacht the sign is category A. Do you have an explanation?

greetings from Germany
Michael

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Not familiar with the CE certification. The Twin keel boats are European Hunters and the manufacturer is not related to Marlow Hunter, LLC here in the US. Make sure the manual pertains to the European Hunter and inquire how are the CE measurements obtained. Check Legend boats from the UK which were manufactured in conjunction with Marlow Hunter LLC for sale in the UK.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
Here is an interesting (old) thread.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
When I said I was not familiar with the CE certification, I meant the guidelines used to measure and adjudicate components performance. I do know about the IMCI and the requisite for pleasure boats sold in the European Union to be CE certified. No such requirements in the US.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Hunter in it's hay day, opened a plant in England but could not use the Hunter name as another company had that name in England. The name for Hunter in England was Hunter Legend. Can you tell us if built in England and whether or not it is called Hunter legend?

Sep 9, 2020
Hunter 36 Lemmer
Hi Crazy Dave, in 2 days I sign the contract. Then I know more. Actually I have only the plaque in the boat ( see pic)
The Certification is B. It´s a Legend? I have no Idea, hope that the paperwork have more information about where she was builded

Attachments

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Hunter in it's hay day, opened a plant in England but could not use the Hunter name as another company had that name in England. The name for Hunter in England was Hunter Legend. Can you tell us if built in England and whether or not it is called Hunter legend?
Interesting. Where all Hunter Legend boats built in England, in particular a 1994 Hunter Legend 40.5? I suspect that some Hunter Legends where were built here in the US but that is only a guess. I would suspect that somewhere buried in either the Hull number or the paperwork is a clue as to the place of manufacture.

Also what is key about the "after 1997" in this discussion?

Sep 9, 2020
Hunter 36 Lemmer
Problem is that the HIN number start´s with US, not GB.
If the vessel was builed in Great britain they have "GB" as first, not US,
It seems that a couple of vessels was built in GB but started with "US" in the HIN-number, is only a guess

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
First you advised twin keel. That style keel was made only in Great Britain. The. Plate shows a CE as A. The two page document shows a hull number starting with GB-LUH.
GB for Great Britain. LU for Luhrs Corporation and H for Hunter. Yes it was built in England.