Catalina Direct now has the 310 listed!

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
Maybe it was all those parts I ordered since last year but I really appreciate seeing our 310 listed vs using "other" I'm not sure when this happened either.

Still for the record I really do cross shop and support SBO, to me the line service they offer is perfect for my needs. Last year I replaced 3 lines and I hope to bang out 3-4 more this year with SBO.

BillyK

Jan 24, 2010
Catalina 310 Ocean City, NJ
It's funny, i sent them an email asking why they didnt have the 310 on their site.. i got an email back saying the build numbers were too low for this vintage.. but then 2 weeks later, there it is!

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
JRT - I am looking at replacement cycle for my lines - who is supplier that you mention, SBO? Is it this site?

Dec 29, 2017
Beneteau Oceanis 411 Baltimore
Got it - thanks!!

Can I ask how challenging was it to replace the lines? I have never done this previously and am concerned about those that go through the mast.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
So I've replaced everything except the halyards. For me take pictures before starting and then I run the new line as I remove the old line. A trick I've read is to attach a smaller diameter line to the old halyard, this creates a leader line. Pull the old halyard out with the leader line attached, this then can be used to pull the new halyard through the mast. Another way I was told is to attach the new halyard line to the end of the new halyard line, the way I told was to sew them end to end with thread.

Last edited: