Catalina 310 Cradle

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Hi All:
Hope your getting a lot of sailing in. I would like some feed back on the Steel Folding Cradle used for the Cat 310. I have a picture of the one that came with the manual shown below. It says Catalina 30 III. Now will this be usable for the Catalina 310? Mine is a Wing Keel. One other thing there seems to be such a discrepancies in drafts. From 4 - 4" to 4 -10".???
My boat is #247 2003.

Cheers
2 Old Pirates
C 310 Wing Keel Cradle.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
I would call Catalina and ask them since the diagram is theirs. Your draft is most likely 4'10" (or 5' in reality). I am not sure if there are any at 4'4"?
bob

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
I had a question about bottom paint/keel material and called Catalina yachts, spoke with Warren Pandy who actually spoke with me on multiple times and I sent him photos, He was super helpful.!
Just another reason Catalina rises above others!
Our boat came with no cradle, but we were able to buy a Catalina cradle from a bigger boat and had it modified by the marina.

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Got in touch with Catalina Florida and I got 2 replies. They have never made cradles for this boat. One said it was up to the dealers to supply one. So my search continues.
Cheers
2 OLD PIRATES

rukidn

Apr 23, 2012
Catalina 310 258 Sandusky, OH
Warren is always helpful. About five years ago he faxed me the shipping cradle drawing for 310 fin keel, similar to the drawing above for the Cat 30 wing. My local yard used this to do a quotation, but I decided to stay with jack stands. I don't know why they sent the 30 wing vs. 310 unless they are the same. Fin keel version scanned and attached. /Ed

Attachments

Aug 13, 2012
Catalina 270 Ottawa
Get in touch with Marine Cradle Shop (https://cradleridetrailers.com/). It seems that they supply 90% of all sailboats cradles in Ontario (and beyond). I bet that they have a design for a specific cradle for your boat. They are not that far away, so it is even easier for you.