Catalina 27 stern width?

Nov 29, 2020
Catalina 27 Ithaca, NY
I would like to buy the lettering of our new boat’s name as a Christmas gift for my wife. Unfortunately, our boat is 3 hours away and I don’t know how much real estate there is across the stern. Does anyone happen to know how wide the stern of a C-27 is?

thanks,
horst

Nov 29, 2020
Catalina 27 Ithaca, NY
The beam is 8’10”. I’ll print the floorplan and interpolate.

btw, I see catalina27.org referenced a lot in postings but as fas I can tell that website doesn’t exist anymore?

Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
Where do you want the measurements taken from ? mine is a 1972 C27 just draw on the image of it and upload it here and i'll get you the dimension/s you want tomorrow

Nov 29, 2020
Catalina 27 Ithaca, NY
I guess I’d just like the measurement across the stern, maybe about 1/3 of the way down from the top. I have the inboard motor and don’t have the attached swim ladder, so it’s pretty empty on the stern. Thanks!!

Dec 9, 2020
Catalina 27 Eureka
I guess I’d just like the measurement across the stern, maybe about 1/3 of the way down from the top. I have the inboard motor and don’t have the attached swim ladder, so it’s pretty empty on the stern. Thanks!!
I need a drawing it’s that way I have worked for over a decade. Your description is not clear, a line on a drawing is.

Just screen capture this one here https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/catalina-27 and you MS paint or whatever you have to draw lines. Headed down to the boat soon but will check messages when I’m down there to see if I can get what you want.

Nov 29, 2020
Catalina 27 Ithaca, NY
Does this help? we’re both confused - I’m confused about what you’re confused about :) I Cant draw the exact spot on the image you shared because I need a view of the stern of the boat. These are all pictures of the side or top, none of the stern.
2E3FACAF-36E3-4EA2-8CE1-9384E92B3212.jpeg

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If you're having the decal made by a professional company, they will most likely help you with the sizing. On my boat the stern is about 4.4 ft wide at the top. This image might help you.

Last edited: