Capri 26 Owners - new owner of 93 #266 with questions

DaveNC

Mar 20, 2018
Catalina Capri 26 266 Oriental, NC
We just bought a very nice Capri 26 and are looking forward to sailing out of Sea Harbor in Oriental, NC. Any Capri 26 owners out there who we can connect?

Our first sailing upgrade is to improve the staysail situation. What furler do you use and how is it attached to the deck?

Our's is a very old style and clipped to the anchor pins. It rubs against the stay and we want to eliminate that.

Thanks!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh and welcome to the forum.
Your question is great but their may be no Capri26 owners immediately available. You may have to rely on some of the old sailor engineers to give you ideas. We tend to form better answers if we can understand what it is you are concerned about.

As far as a furler, there are many. I like Harken products. Reliable but more expensive than some others.

DaveNC

Mar 20, 2018
Audacity has an unwieldy luff-wire foresail that I dislike. It is poorly attached to the anchor roller. My plan is to replace it with a normal headstay fuelled foresail. I need to have a sailmaker determine if this sail can be retrofitted for that or if I have to have a new genoa cut. I'd appreciate a picture of a headstay fuelled setup on a Capri 26 if you would. Thanks

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
Anyone?
Dave I currently have a catalina 28 but had a Capri 26 for a number of years I am located in New Bern and would be willing to answer any questions have. I had the Cruisng Design roller Furling unit and was happy with it. My boat had the diesel nd I still have the owners manal for the boat.

DaveNC

Mar 20, 2018
That's great and I appreciate it. We are moving her from Wilmington to Oriental the first week in June. We could meet up in New Bern at some point after that. Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina Capri-26 Solomons MD
I've owned and continue to sail on the Chesapeake Bay a Capri 26 for just over 18 years, her sail number is 160. The engine is an inboard Universal M2-12 diesel with a 3.5 ft winged keel, Roller furl system with four self tailing 16's. I'd be happy to answer any questions that I can. JLMK.

Nov 3, 2022
Catalina 26 New Bern
Jumping on this thread as the new owner of Hull 266, moving the boat back to New Bern, NC from Hayes, Virginia.
Appreciate the Harken roller furler upgrade. The boat is in good condition for its age. A few updates include pedestal steering, autopilot, the marine head and holding tank has been replaced with a marine all-in-one head (no more odors).
Any history on this boat would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments