Cabin Sole Replacement

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
it had carpet from the head door all the way in to the v berth but i put teak and holly in those areas and i will put carpet in that area below the louvered doors i like the non skid idea and also the fire extinguisher idea

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
Words to the wise...repack your rudder stuffing box...I am convinced that is how my sole got damaged. Looking great!

Jan 14, 2015
S2 8.5 meter Plymouth
I looked under mine (8.5m) and I see a sheet of resin impregnated woven cloth above the bottom of the flat section of the keel, and above the drain hose from the shower area. Looks like they just dropped a piece of cloth over the hose to keep it in place. It makes it impossible to see what's underneath it, or to clean the bilge with a brush. The deep area of the bilge is open and I can see the pump in the bottom just fine. I wonder if anyone else found that in their bilge?

I've got pics of under the cabin floor of an 8.5. I'll post a few that show the head/salon bulkhead the best . I can send more off line if you wish or a cd with all of them.

Bron Taoras
Lithirish
S2 8.5 #088
Rocky River, Oh
taorasbk@aol.com

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
I looked under mine (8.5m) and I see a sheet of resin impregnated woven cloth above the bottom of the flat section of the keel, and above the drain hose from the shower area. Looks like they just dropped a piece of cloth over the hose to keep it in place. It makes it impossible to see what's underneath it, or to clean the bilge with a brush. The deep area of the bilge is open and I can see the pump in the bottom just fine. I wonder if anyone else found that in their bilge?
i found the same thing under mine i put an access hole in the cabin sole over where the keel are is at the top where the tapered part comes up and ends below the sole if you look back up this thread at my pic you will see the access hole in the sole

Bron

Apr 19, 2010
s2 8.5 rocky river
Just looked at your pics of the new floor. Nice job Woody. I've thought of putting an access hole in the floor just aft of the base of the mast, if only to see and feel what is down there. I'm thinking about 8" wide by 12" long on the centerline. Three or four inches aft of the main bulkhead. Haven't had the nerve to start the first cut. Would use an electric jig saw with the thinnest blade I can find. Would 8" be wide enough to get under the main bulkhead to renovate any mast support if necessary?

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
on the aft side of the mast it may e full of foam mine is and there is no0 room under there for anything ...my access hole is over the keel area so i can service the shower sump system i put i there ..... thanks for the complement