C&C resources

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
I am looking for information and current resources for C&C yachts. a quicke googly search turned up Wikipedia, and not much else. Short of pouring over this section: Is there a current resource or contact?

Short term, I am looking at a C&C 30 MK2 Friday. And if the purchase goes through, then I will need a cradle for it in Traverse City. I would like to reach out to get specs on storage/sling positions to facilitate building a cradle.

UNLESS: Someone here has a suitable cradle anywhere in the midwest.

Thanks,
Mike

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
C&C 30 MKII threads:
New to me 1988 C&C 30 MkII. Basic questions for a new owner. | Sailboat Owners Forums

Considering a C&C 30 MK II | SailNet Community
Specs: SailboatData.com - C&C 30-2 Sailboat

Are you looking to build a wooden cradle or skid-mounted welded steel cradle? If you want to build one yourself I would visit boatyard near you and take photos and dimensions of 30 ft sailboat cradles to mimic. In the meantime this article might be helpful: How To Build A Boat Cradle (diyboatbuildingplans.com) or you might buy a used one locally and modity it to fit your boat. You can also purchase a new welded steel sailboat cradles: 6 Post Sailboat Cradle | Marine Cradle Shop Inc. (cradleridetrailers.com) and Project Gallery Details Page (millerwelds.com) or used welded one here: Sailboat Cradle Boats for sale (smartmarineguide.com) .

Please let the forum know whether you purchased it and post photos.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Triad, the trailer manufacturing company in New England, I think, might be able to supply you with dimensions. They build custom trailers and likely have a data base.

Jul 19, 2013
Pearson 31-2 Boston
All things C&C here C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center
Be sure to sign up at the bottom of the page for the still active owners discussion group. If you search the discussion archive you may find what you are looking for and a lot more...
Cradles for a boat that large are not common, most larger boats get stored on a set of Brownell stands.

Last edited:

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
C&C 30 MKII threads:
New to me 1988 C&C 30 MkII. Basic questions for a new owner. | Sailboat Owners Forums

Considering a C&C 30 MK II | SailNet Community
Specs: SailboatData.com - C&C 30-2 Sailboat

Are you looking to build a wooden cradle or skid-mounted welded steel cradle? If you want to build one yourself I would visit boatyard near you and take photos and dimensions of 30 ft sailboat cradles to mimic. In the meantime this article might be helpful: How To Build A Boat Cradle (diyboatbuildingplans.com) or you might buy a used one locally and modity it to fit your boat. You can also purchase a new welded steel sailboat cradles: 6 Post Sailboat Cradle | Marine Cradle Shop Inc. (cradleridetrailers.com) and Project Gallery Details Page (millerwelds.com) or used welded one here: Sailboat Cradle Boats for sale (smartmarineguide.com) .

Please let the forum know whether you purchased it and post photos.
Thanks SFBay. Hadn't searched this forum on model questions, so that will be informative for me.
As for the cradle, launches are done on-cradle, so need a stout steel. I have a quote from marinecradleshops now. And may have opportunity to adjust my ODay28 cradle to suit. Measurements will come when I attend survey tomorrow. Another option is trailer, which may defray costs each year on launch/retrieval fees, as I will only need to have the trailer moved and mast stepped versus the special cradle trailer.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
All things C&C here C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center
Be sure to sign up at the bottom of the page for the still active owners discussion group. If you search the discussion archive you may find what you are looking for and a lot more...
Cradles for a boat that large are not common, most larger boats get stored on a set of Brownell stands.
Thanks Sail: I found and went through that site. Is that site still active? It looked more like an archived information. O'Day has Rudy, for parts and conversation for example

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
Here's a couple of cradles in Chicago. Both have been listed for many months so you could probably talk them down considerably. A flatbed tow truck might be your best bet for the one that's not in a boat yard. Tow trucks are much cheaper when it's not an emergency tow. There are websites out there to get quotes from many companies at once. I was quoted less than $200 to tow an SUV from Milwaukee to Chicago about 10 years ago

chicago boat parts & accessories "cradle" - craigslist

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
Here's a couple of cradles in Chicago. Both have been listed for many months so you could probably talk them down considerably. A flatbed tow truck might be your best bet for the one that's not in a boat yard. Tow trucks are much cheaper when it's not an emergency tow. There are websites out there to get quotes from many companies at once. I was quoted less than $200 to tow an SUV from Milwaukee to Chicago about 10 years ago

chicago boat parts & accessories "cradle" - craigslist
Thanks Mayhem!. I had been searching CL, but just realized it was northern michigan ONLY. I will definitely make some calls.