C&c mega 30

Mar 5, 2021
O’day 25 hamilton
Hello all. I have just joined this site but have read forum posts from here for a long time.
I am looking to possibly buy a Mega 30. Anyone know for certain whether the hull is solid glass or balsa cored. Makes a huge difference for me.
Thanks

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Hi, cowboy, and welcome.
You may not be aware of this, but IIRC the previous owners of the Good Old Boat magazine had one of your boat. Jerry Powlas was his name, I think his wife was named Karen. You might find some of his very well written material on the internet.
Have you looked for a Mega 30 owners association or google or yahoo group?
Good luck.

Mar 5, 2021
O’day 25 hamilton
Thanks Stu. I have read a bit on the internet but.... answer to kappykaplan.... I’m really not very good at any of this internet stuff.
Matter of fact, this is the first and only forum, group etc. I’ve been involved with. I don’t even have Facebook! Apparently, some think this is crazy. I will try to continue researching and hoping in the meantime someone finds my post.
Thanks again

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
There is a member (SwitchintoglideIII )of Sailboat Owners who has done extensive work on his C&C Mega. Maybe he'll jump in and answer some of your questions or you can send him a private message. Here's the link to that thread. Complete Refurb - 78 C&C Mega 30'

Mar 5, 2021
O’day 25 hamilton
Thank you to all who have responded. I will try to contact switchintoglide. I have seen some of his stuff. Partially sparking my interest in this model of C&C!
Thanks once again

Jan 4, 2010
Farr 30 San Francisco
C+C was generally balsa to the waterline and then solid. Mega of course was / is a bit of an outlier and I don't know.