Boat Mocs

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
My “shoe” locker holds footwear for various purposes.
Crocs Beach Line - every dry day shoe for over 10 years. Light weight and still very grippy
Xtra Tuf leather 6” ankle boot - mildly wet weather
Xtra Tuf 15” latex neoprene boot - yard work and scrubbing boat
Dubarry Sailing boot - worn most days for off season sailing
All are always worn with socks.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Nowadays I use my Keen 'walking shoes' and their sole compound and tread pattern seems fine for sailing, even off shore. :)
Perhaps this might be called "thinking outside the (shoe) box!"

Comfortable and they have excellent traction, but one little caution is that the larger sole is a little bit more likely to catch on protrusions, whether on deck or walking down the sidewalk.
That's one Plus about the "'moc" type of shoe construction; perhaps semi-related to the comfort of owning proper "driving shoes" when on trips or campaigning your rally car, or doin' the heel-n-toe on the autocross course. (?)
View attachment 226278
That's the same show I use when sailing in cold weather. They offer great traction on the deck, even in adverse weather conditions. The local REI store has an artificial rock climbing set up. The salesman suggested I try them and others on the rock climbing platform and the Keen's won out over all the others for traction and comfort. I bought them for the winter cruise with @jssailem and @LeslieTroyer back in 2019 and have been wearing them since, especially in snowy conditions.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
My favorite boat shoes are Teva sandals with toe caps. They have great traction even on wet decks, are comfortable and the toe caps prevent stubbed toes. They last 2-3 years before the bottoms harden and become slippery, Then they get down graded to everyday use and I buy a new pair which stay on the boat.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I love Keens. They have an open-toe box to prevent pinching, and the toes are covered and protected from being stubbed or sliced open on the deck.