Big three open Marina's

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Can you go sailing if you troll a fishing line behind your boat?
That's the local joke here. If you want to, you can get a fishing license online and tie wrap a fishing pole to your stern rail. Then look for the stink eye from your local DNR LEO.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
Basically, the public will not “buy in” on restrictions, and variations on them, that it does not understand as it applies to the problem. Now that the authorities are starting to make ad hoc decisions based on the politics of user group demands, protests will likely accelerate.

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
Here in Maryland recreational boating ban is still in effect but has been modified.

DNR is canvassing the upper-Chessy looking for violators and appears DNR is being pretty heavy handed by reports of drilling down on fishermen making sure they are actually keeping their legal catch for consumption.
How the H$%# are they going to do that drilling down. Are they going to follow you home to watch you cook or freeze it? Are they going to watch you with binoculars and when you catch one and throw it back then swoop in and put you in cuffs. "Officer, sure I'm going to consume it, why don't you come on over this evening and we'll have a fish fry. Oops, guess you can't do that since we can't have non-family members over so you'll just have to take my word for it. Have a nice day though."

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Basically, the public will not “buy in” on restrictions, and variations on them, that it does not understand as it applies to the problem. Now that the authorities are starting to make ad hoc decisions based on the politics of user group demands, protests will likely accelerate.
Exactly, we will resist the "nanny state" mentality. As uncompassionate-sounding as it may be, people ultimately have to be trusted to know their own remedy for safety. One size fits all does not work and people are going to revolt. So far, we go along with some of the BS that goes along with the necessary restrictions, but it isn't going to last long before resistance becomes more commonplace. There are too many injustices and they won't be tolerated for very much longer.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Pandemic and pestilence have been with us since we as a species began living close to each other. Right now We are taking heroic measures to protect a vulnerable segment of the population at great cost to everyone. I am sure we will recover at some point. The greater question is what do we do when it happens again (and it will). Each time we take these measures we make our species less resistant to disease and our gene pool weaker in general. There is damage to people when you take away their ability to earn a living and forcibly isolate them. We haven't tallied those figures up yet.
I apologize up front for going off topic and the reference to Darwinism. I am sure some will find offense. None was meant.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
I doubt opening up will send us right back to where we were prior. Everybody likely understood the rationale to “flatten the curve” with lock down, so-called. We did not want to see in the USA what we were seeing in Italy, for example. And we did not. But now, the curve has flattened in many locations, the additional hospital facilities have been built, critical equipment acquired, healthful protocols widely practiced, treatments being tested, vaccine being developed, testing kits being produced, and etc. A great medical mobilization. And now again, after all of our buy in, we have to suffer the absurd remark from the Gov of New Jersey, virtually, that we have to stay shut down until we’re sure no one will ever get sick from covid-19.:doh: Now, that’s a different deal altogether. Talk about moving the goal posts.:rolleyes: I doubt folks will buy into that idea.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
They are very easy to stow. I have four of them in a tupperware next to my battery box on my Hunter 26. Each one has a different set up depending on what I'm fishing for. The only pain is reeling them back in. I keep a leather glove in the tup and wear it when reeling so I don't cut my hand on the line.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
... and they are cheap.

Here are some links if anyone wants to go sailing in Maryland...:biggrin:

Hang one from each stanchion and tell the DNR that you are fishing for the entire tribe.... ;)

Dec 25, 2008
catalina 310 Elk River
How the H$%# are they going to do that drilling down. Are they going to follow you home to watch you cook or freeze it? Are they going to watch you with binoculars and when you catch one and throw it back then swoop in and put you in cuffs. "Officer, sure I'm going to consume it, why don't you come on over this evening and we'll have a fish fry. Oops, guess you can't do that since we can't have non-family members over so you'll just have to take my word for it. Have a nice day though."
Yea, can't fix stupid! The mind set of some of the local enforcement personnel is "shoot first ask questions later". For years they would hunt down grandad and grandson in a skiff, ticket them for some arbitrary violation, while the cigarette boats blast by at 100mpg with deafening sound.