Beneteau Solent stay

Jbv

Jan 5, 2019
Beneteau 331 Hvide sande
Hi I’m currently working on a Solent stay.
And I need a strong base for the chainplate.
I could reinforce it directly to the hull, but the easy way is to bolt it thru the base at the anchor windlass bedding.

But is this part strong enough for this upward tension?

As seen on the picture the teak is removable but it’s the area I would like to use?

Attachments

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I would say no. Need to take the load through to the fore-stay chainplate, which complicates the anchor locker layout.

Jbv

Jan 5, 2019
Beneteau 331 Hvide sande
I would like to get it more after! And yes won’t mess up the anchor locker. Alternative is reinforce it sideways aswell and bolt it whru the hull with a large custom stainless steel chain plate on stern side of the anchor locker.
I think this is bullet proof, but if it’s unnecessary I woul like not drill the hull.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Talk to a rigger with experience in these installs. I chose not to proceed when it to meant a stay in the forward head. A better option may be a smaller jib and and a sprit w/ furling code 0.

Jbv

Jan 5, 2019
Beneteau 331 Hvide sande
Yes probably need to talk to a rigger..
Did think of the exact setup aswell..
but got a stormjib with the boat and the mast is factory fitted so just need an fiber stay and the new chainplate..

Feb 8, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis 393 Clipper Midland
JBV, depending on your boat, it may already be configured. My B393 already has the cutout on the mast for the solent stay tang as well as the reinforced location for the chain plate just aft of the anchor locker. I purchased the chainplate directly from Beneteau. Best call Beneteau first. They were very helpful.

Jbv

Jan 5, 2019
Beneteau 331 Hvide sande
Thanks.. Its Sound just like my boat,. Ill contact Beneteau to get the correct answer