Beneteau Oceanis domestic water system

Don S.

Nov 9, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis M 445 Olympia, WA
I have been unable to keep a prime in the port aft domestic water tank in my 1993 Beneteau Moorings/Oceanis 445. I have replaced the water pumps, hot water heater, valves and all of the plumbing from this tank, and between the pumps, the hot water tank and shut off valves for each tank that feed the system. I have also replaced the supply line from the top of the problem tank to the shut off valve for that tank, so all of that is new and tight. My replaced pumps, hot water tank and plumbing maintain prime between the boat's aft starboard tank that is also part of the floor mold on the boat, as well as the forward tank that is under the forward berth. The vent in the problem tank appears to be vented properly as water comes out of the vent when the tank is 'overfilled'. There is no evidence of water leaks in the seal of the 'cover plate' screwed into the top of the tank. In fact, it was resealed and screwed on very well, as was the same kind of cover plate on the starboard aft tank. And the system often catches a prime from the problem tank if the pump is allowed to run long enough. Any ideas about what could be wrong? Anyone with a similar problem?

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Is the tank configured to include a 'down tube' from the top of the tank which might be broken?