Beneteau 45f5 propane locker

Nov 16, 2009
Catalina Morgan 45 Tampa
Me and the admiral are very serious about a 45f5 we found. The PO (previous owner) took out the builtin propane locker. I hope people are still looking at the form as I need some pics of the original propane locker so I can manufacture one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sam

Nov 16, 2009
Catalina Morgan 45 Tampa
Thanks for the pick. I will check with Beneteau if they have one, otherwise, I think this gives me what I need to build my own.
Sam

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Sam, Newport Bob's comment is based on the properties of propane. It is a heavier than air gas. It will sit in the bottom of the locker. You need to vent it out and the vent needs to exit your boat below the propane locker (no drip loop). This is a critical issue. If not done correctly you can have a dangerous build up of propane. No good will come from this outcome.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Sam, if there is blank panel there now, you might look at the part for a B323. It is an insert not much bigger than a tank. One cutout, drop the insert and add the vent and you're cooking.

Nov 16, 2009
Catalina Morgan 45 Tampa
Kapa Rico turned out to have electrolysis problems below the water line, potable water system was not testable, wired for 220 at the doc and internally, engine was prabably shot, and more. I love the design and feel of the 45f5, but this one will not be mine. Thanks for your help.