Beneteau 361 Stanchions Loose

Nov 2, 2020
Beneteau 361 421 Milwaukee
You have to look from the inside where the post is. For example, one of them is accessed behind the waste cover in the bathroom. I’ve heard from others that in some cases you need to remove some of the cabinetry molding.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Yes, I can't say it was easy, but on the 331 they were generally "accessible" through either some movable headliner material, or removable panels, inside cabinets and such. There was some cursing involved.

Jan 28, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Lake Lanier
I've removed headliner, but it seems that there is an internal and external tub. The stanchions are mounted through the deck and into the external tub. The problem is that the internal tub, even with panels removed, does not give access to the external tub. I've reached out to Beneteau and have received no answer. I'll keep pushing and share any answer I get.

Nov 14, 2021
beneteau oceanis clipper 323 lago maggiore
The stanchion bases on my 323 are like those in post #6 above. The bases do loosen up over time and can be tightened from below the deck. Some of them are not easy to access though.
Most of the movement comes from the stanchion tube to base fit and the single allen bolt attachment as the bolt threads into the base and not through it. There is not much support especially is the tube does not seat itself on the base, and the fit over the base post is not snug. Its just not a perfect design.
Probably, the only reliable way to minimize the wobble would be to weld the stanchion tube to the base. The bad news is if the stanchion tube is somehow bent, it could not be easily replaced.
hi. can you tell me where to find nut in the bath cabin?? for the corresponding stanchion?this seems very difficult. oceanis 323

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
hi. can you tell me where to find nut in the bath cabin?? for the corresponding stanchion?this seems very difficult. oceanis 323
Sorry, I don’t recall for sure offhand, but there should still be a gap between the headliner and the sidewall that may be hidden by a vinyl strip. I sold the boat, so I really have no means of looking to be sure.

The only way to access otherwise would be to take a hole saw or a Forstner bit and carefully drill a hole in the headliner at the stanchion location.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
So my stanchions are pretty loose and I know I need to re-bed to them. That will be a pretty straightforward job.
Did you use butyl tape or sealant to reseal the stanchion bases. If sealant, what did you use?