Beneteau 361 refrigeration problems361,

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
12v fridges are completely modular and it is usually only one part that is not working so most often they can be revived without full replacement. You can get all the info you need from the Kollmann site listed above. I have rebuilt my AB 3-4 times in the past 21 years. Once it needed a new evaporator because my sister spilled a diet Coke into it and didn't clean it up well. The acid ate a hole into it and caused a leak. Another time was from the quick connect fitting leaking so I replaced it with a silver soldered coupler. The most recent time was a gas leak at the Schrader valve. I bought a HVAC vac pump, gauge set and Freon sniffer from Harbor freight for a couple hundred bucks.

Jul 8, 2020
Beneteau 361 Vancouver Fisherman’s Wharf
So it turns out that it was actually the ECU doings it’s job... my batteries were in really bad shape and I was Delayed replacing them. Once batteries were replaced, the compressor started working again. Further reading of the manual showed voltage below 11 volts and the ECU will not kick on. Battery system replaced (charger, monitor and a 210W solar panel) and the fridge has been humming along for 4 days no problems. This is a new to me boat (9 months ago) and the poor state of the batteries only became apparent recently. Thanks all for the help - any future issues and I will come back for more tips!