Are there backing plates or patterns for sale?

May 17, 2015
catalina 27 Salmon Harbor
I want to strengthen the rigging on my Catalina 27 with backing plates. Would like to find some.

Dec 25, 2014
Catalina 27 Pasadena, Md
I want to strengthen the rigging on my Catalina 27 with backing plates. Would like to find some.
The PO of my boat may have been the one who installed them? but inside the head, and below the windows on both sides there is what looks like aluminum angle "iron" about 2" size about 9" long that the bolts go through. Don't know if that is exactly what you are asking for, but the shrouds would have to pull that through before they came off.
Bob

Dec 25, 2014
Catalina 27 Pasadena, Md
Trying to add pictures of what I have if I can, the one is in the head, the other is seen on the upper right area just below where the curtains come together.
I checked and they are about 2" by 2 1/2" and about 8" long, the larger (2 1/2" side is used like a large "washer" to hold the bolts to the fibreglass where they are mounted. What looks like "eyes" on them is decals given from visits to local areas here in the Chesapeake.
Hope this helps.
Bob

Attachments

danvon

Dec 18, 2014
Catalina 27 Seattle
Those angle plates look like the ones that Catalina Direct sells with their upgrade kit.