Aqua signal series 25 combo mast headache/ fore deck light bulb conversation question?

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I recently replaced the halogen deck light bulb in an Aqua Signal fixture with a marine beam BA-9S-5W led spot light.
Really lights up the deck well. In retrospect, I should have replaced the entire fixture with the Marine Beam fixture. Much better quality than the Aqua Signal.

Jan 24, 2017
Hunter 34 Toms River Nj
Bawl er,
I have done the helogen bulb wrapped in cloth no oils cleaned after install. The bulb never last more then a season or two.
I truly believe that it's just poor quality and design.
So far Terry's suggestion with marine beam led bulb is working just fine. Not as bright as the helogen bulb but bright enough for me.
Plus can't beat the price comparison to the helogen bulb.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I'm troubleshooting the old AquaSignal 25 combo on my boat (that never worked since I bought it). With the mast down, I've cleaned all the contacts and replaced the bulbs with LEDs. Can get the steaming bulb to light and the deck bulb to light but not both simultaneously. And the steaming bulb won't light if the deck bulb is removed or non-functional. It looks like the wiring design prevents this. Can anyone confirm that or do I have some unseen corrosion to address?
Sounds like a bad ground connection