Apostle Islands/Lake Superior Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Bayfield, WI
:) But seriously, it is a neat toy and it would be fun to mount it to your sailboat.

Scott-
I took a look at the web site and I am now seriously jonesing for one of those. I would love to try the chest mount but I suspect mine would need some umm, er-modification perhaps.;)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Yep, more champagne since we will have to redo the naming ceremony. Don't worry about me, I'll drink the cheap stuff.:D
A plan takes form! We will have to invite Squidd too, I think he re-named that PY26 that he is bringing up to Washburn in the spring.

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
Oh Hell no... I mean I'll come to the ceremony.. I'm just too scared to change the name of my boat... :eek:

Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Bayfield, WI
Oh Hell no... I mean I'll come to the ceremony.. I'm just too scared to change the name of my boat... :eek:
We'll just call it a name affirmation ceremony so we don't offend Neptune or the Lady of the Lake too much. As long as we have lots of champagne it will be fine...

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
We'll just call it a name affirmation ceremony so we don't offend Neptune or the Lady of the Lake too much. As long as we have lots of champagne it will be fine...
As I recall, odd numbers are bad luck at a name affirmation event. I'll donate my time to the cause to keep the bad ju-ju away!

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
So I need to do this with my new to me O' Day 25, Papillon?

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
Absolutely! But as Danny wisely points out the numbers of paticipants have to be even. Gotta keep the good juju going!

We will just have to find another participant then! This could turn in to quite the event.... :dance:

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
I am guessing that finding another participant or two should not be a problem-especially in Bayfield!
Indeed. A general rule of 'we need to keep it even, so if you come bring a friend' will quickly overwhelm the 400 dock... Especially if Pete finds out about it! ;^)

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
That's cool whatever it is... have to put it on my list of places to stop..

Nov 21, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 First 260 Bayfield, WI
Indeed. A general rule of 'we need to keep it even, so if you come bring a friend' will quickly overwhelm the 400 dock... Especially if Pete finds out about it!
party on the 400 dock... cool who are we invading?!

Nov 21, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 First 260 Bayfield, WI
I'm sure my wife will gladly donate her time to the cause as well (there's champagne involved...duh, who wouldn't want to be there?)
Anyway, back to the photos... anyone recognize this?
Oak?

Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Bayfield, WI
Danny-Very clever!! I am assuming you photoshopped that. You know, I have a picture of that arch taken in early 2000. I am going to have to look for it now.

Jackdaw-Are you on the 400 dock at PBM? Where you there last summer? I can't believe I didn't see you!

Anyway, me and Emmanuel would be happy to host the naming reaffirmation ceremony/SBO gathering/Invasion of Dock 400/IceBreaker party. Come one, come all. Bring a friend. Bring cheap champagne. This spring. Pikes Bay Marina. Be there or Be Square.

Status
Not open for further replies.