ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT?

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Foammaker Non-Slip Boat Flooring Decking Pad (35in x 94in x 0.24in), 6mm Thickness EVA Foam Faux Teak Marine Mat (Gold with Black Seam Lines)
1567223428063.png

I would like to resurface my deck area (mainly the cabin tops and sliding hatch), the cockpit seating and possibly the Sole inside the cabin. Found it on Amazon for about $63 a roll.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
Not that stuff. But I have used SeaDek and been very pleased with it for the last five years.

Oct 6, 2018
Watkins 25 Seawolf Dunnellon / Crystal River
I'm looking at that stuff too for my cockpit and cabin. It is not going to work too well on a compound curve. Be careful that you don't stretch it when installing it. That looks like it has the 3M adhesive, so it is probably one of the better choices, but I still am having a problem believing it will remain glued down on the edges when in use. If you try it, I'd be very interested in your results.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
I templeted it myself and put it down myself. SeaDek is really great to work with. They will send you a dry fit template after you have sent the first template in. It is Mylar with a full size print out of how the pads will be cut. It is peel and stick. But the adhesive is excellent. This has been down for five years and no hint of it coming up. Although, I speak from experience if you are putting this down over molded non skid, you need to sand the non skid down and clean it well before applying the pads.

I am in the process of templateing the lazarette tops in the cockpit to put down a matching faux teak on them rather than cockpit cushions. Mostly so my dog will have better traction. I got an estimate from an installer for $2,200. Going direct to SeaDek the lazarette tops will cost $356 plus shipping and another fifty dollars or so cost for sending the templates back and forth. I plan to replace the stuff on the cockpit floor, as well. They still have the old template in their system and will just recut and send those as well, the cost for that will be around $360 as well.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Ditto Seadek. It has a sticky backing. I had an installer scan my cockpit, make the templates and install. Cost was $1337 to cover the cockpit, companionway, swim platform and stern lazarettes.
That’s a good deal! Looks great. I think I’m going with the camel and black. Is that what you have?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
It is Seadek Dual Color Fabricated Sheet (6 mm) Brushed Texture "Mocha Over Black - 2 Inch Teak". I also ordered Seadek for ~2 feet section of the port and starboard gunnels so my dog will not slip and the underside of the stern seat.when the seat is rotated down while docked with stern in.