Anybody else have login problems at trailersailor.com?

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
I've had a login over at trailersailors.com for quite a few years now but I've rarely been able to use it. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Here's what happens.
  1. Login is rejected ("invalid username or password").
  2. Reset password attempt is rejected: "Username or email address is not valid."
  3. Register again is rejected: "Sorry, but that email address is already registered."
I've been around that loop quite a few times. A year or so ago I filled out the "Ask for help" form and got a nice reply from the admin saying there had been a problem with my account, or something to that effect. After that, I was able to log in once. Since then, it's been as described above.

FWIW, this has happened on at least three different computers, one a Mac OSX, one Windows 7, and one Windows 10. It has also happened in at least three different browsers on each platform. Security setting changes seem to have no effect.

LloydB

Jan 15, 2006
Macgregor 22 Silverton
Look on home page of SBO hover over the Forum heading and find trailersailors on the shared forums pull down then also find trailersailors as the only other SBO forum just below the off topic forum and comes up as
The Trailer Sailors if you click on it. I would expect did you would be logged into The Trailer Sailors if you are already signed in on SBO. To be honest this is always been somewhat of a mystery to me anyway because I don't understand why questions on The Trailer Sailor are not also posted on the trailersailor forum since it joined the family. This may be explained by these google search findings or because {trailersailors.com} is for sale on the internet or more than likely software agreements and compatibility. Possibly a separate password IS required for The Trailer Sailors.
..................................................................................................................................................
The Trailer Sailor
www.trailersailor.com

No information is available for this page
Trailer Sailors | Sailboat Owners Forums
..........................................................................................................................

1593634257212.pngforums.sailboatowners.com › Forums for All Owners

un 23, 2020 - Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :( Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away. Trailer Sailors.
TrailerSailor.com joins the family
May 19, 2003
What happened to TrailerSailor.com
Sep 14, 2001
More results from forums.sailboatowners.com

Attachments

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
@LloydB :

Thank you for trying. Unfortunately, that just takes me back the same problem I described in my first post.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I moved this over to Site Talk where it will notify management that there is an issue. We will start working on it.

First I would recommend not using TOR. That is causing a problem with matching you, your user name, and you location. I can understand the need to use TOR, but on a site like this it only causes issues. I would highly recommend that you use your usual ISP to access the site.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
@Brian D :

Thanks. Yes, if I run into a problem I stop using TOR. But this issue happens on multiple platforms and multiple different browsers and security settings, so I suspect something with my account.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
@Tedd, I'm going to answer you here in case our support email lands in your spam folder. I created a new registration record through the normal process then dropped your username and email into it. That tested successfully so give it a try and let me know.

Thanks for your patience.