TrailerSailor.com joins the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SailboatOwners.com

We are pleased and proud to announce that The Trailer Sailor (TrailerSailor.com) is now part of the SailboatOwners.com family. The TSBB folks are a very friendly community and this looks like a great fit! We hope you'll get over to visit them soon. Among other things, this means you will see a greater commitment from us to support trailerable sailboats of all kinds. Over the coming months we hope to add features and chandlery products targeted to boats under 26'. Initially, content will not be shared among all of our sites but we will be working toward that goal. Please check it out and say "hi" to a wonderful new group of owners. Phil and Bly

S

Steve

PY23 vs. O'Day 23

I have the opportunity to choose between a '78 O'Day 23 and a '79 Paceship PY 23 (both are centerboard models) both seem to be in nearly identical condition and price. I tend to like the layout of the cabin in the O'Day better, the centerbaord line runs up into the cockpit vs. into the cabin and I like the sliding sink and table set-up under the cockpit which seems to give the O'Day cabin a lot more room, of course this takes away from the storage underneath the cockpit for other things. The PY23 has a reputation for being ruggedly built but with all the O'Days out there, they must be pretty reliable too. The O'Day is about 500 lbs. heavier. The PY 23 has touches, like the stainless toerail, which gives it a very substantial feel in comparison to the molded toerail for the O'Day. How about mast stepping and trailerability, any major differences? All in all, they both seem very similar, if you've had any experience with both (or have had either really good or bad experiences with either model) please let me know, I'm going to decide in the next couple of days. Thanks! I can also be e-mailed offline at stevepaxton@juno.com

M

Mike Mac26X in CT

Thank you for picking up TSBB!

As a contributor to both communities, I think this could be a great opportunity. I think everyone will enjoy TSBB which I've found to be the most informative and FRIENDLY group on the WWW. TSBB has needed a "server" home and living where people are in the industry should help keep it going strong. Thanks again!

M

Mark Burrows

Kind of a Circle...ain't it

For the Newbies, Back when HOW got started, Brad Bachelor (originator or the Trailer Sailor BBS)(Couldn't call him a webmaster since the term hadn't been invented) was a regular contributor to the small boat forum. I spent a lot of time bouncing back and forth. Anyone heard from Brad lateley? Markdb

Jul 1, 1998
Hunter Legend 35 Poulsbo/Semiahmoo WA
Everybody Should Own Two Boats

Trailerable boats have the real advantage of being portable and lively. Years ago we bought a Falcon 16 (precurser to the O'Day Daysailer) and trailed her across the country. We've sailed all over Rhode Island and out to Block Island, Lake Tahoe, San Francisco Bay including out the Golden Gate and down the coast a way, and numerous other places. We now own a Hunter 35 but some of our greatest memories are from our 16-ft trailerable daysailor - which we still own! I agree that the trailer sailor board should be a great addition. Welcome Aboard!

R

Ramblin' Rod

Brad Bachelor

Brad dropped in to the TSBB to say "Hi" a couple months back. Seems to be doing well, and was very pleased to see how his Trailor Sailor Rag had blossomed.

M

Mike Thomas

Oday 23 vs Paceship 23

Before upsizing to an Oday 28 I owned a 1984 model Oday 23 for 3 years. It was a solidly built boat and as roomy as some 25 footers. I removed the galley compleatly in mine as I never used it, and this freed up the area for storage. The Oday 23 was a great boat. Paceships are great boats also, but I am only familar with the 26. Oday's were mass produced but didn't create the profit margin to compete with other mass producers because they simply gave too much for the money. Oday was eventually destroyed by Pearson's buying them out and creating a less than O'day quality boat for the last few years of the companies existance. If you are buying an Oday made in the seventies or early eighties - the quality will be there. Paceship was a small company that really never gained enough popularity to become a mass producer. I would wonder who would want to run down into the cabin to raise or lower the centerboard - that would make my decision for me.

C

Cathy

HELP - haven't been able to access TSBB since 5/20

I've been a regular participant on the TSBB, but I haven't been able to access it since yesterday. I've tried my old link & the link after the article. could it be a browser setting? I didn't have any problems previously. I'm starting to suffer withdrawl!

B

Bly Berken, SailboatOwners.com

TrailerSailor will be back

Cathy - There are problems with the current TS ISP which has caused the site to be on and off line over the past 36 hours. The problem is being worked on and things will be back to normal just as soon as possible. Keep checking back. Bly

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
TSBB 'back-up' board

Use the link below to find the TSBB 'lifeboat,' a site used by regulars when the TSBB is down. Meanwhile, we are doing all we can to get the problem out of the hands of the current ISP.

M

Mike Westfield

Add a name server to view the TSBB

For Linux users add "nameserver 216.168.63.107" to the top of the "/etc/resolv.conf" file. For windows users edit your network settings and change the top DNS to the above number. In Windows please write down the number if you have to replace one to make room. For windows users, if this kills your access, sorry, but that's windows! Mike Westfield

M

Michael Eklof

SF Bay Potter sail

Wondering where there will be P15's sailing this weekend in the SF Bay area. Thanks for the update!

M

Mike Westfield

The Oakland Estuary

I'll be at the 5th avenue ramp on the Oakland Estuary. Launching around 10:00. Mike Westfield P-15 #2248 Water Toy Union City, Ca.

J

Jarek

Paceship 23

I have paceship PY23 (1973) great boat! check my page http://home/interlynx.net/~prormc, or better yet http://www.paceship.org/ tons of info there. Jarek

S

Susana

I´m glad you´ve found a home again TSBB!

Just by chance browsing on the web, found you here guys... See you soon!

M

Mark Swart

O'Day input

We had an O'Day 23 of that vintage for almost two years. The only reason we sold is because we moved and had a chance to get a great deal on a little bigger boat. I have nothing bad to say about the O'Day -- it sailed very well, and had some nice touches -- built in anchor locker, slide out galley/sink, and built in ice box. Did occasionally jam the centerboard up when we ran aground, had to go below with a mask and prybar to get it back down. Not that big of a deal. If you have more specific questions about construction or anything else I can tell you about the O'Day, feel free to shoot me an email. The boat was a good friend to us, and we sailed her in everything from light air to a 25 m.p.h. near gale. I also think she's prettier than the Paceship, but I'm probably biased in this matter, Mark Swart mark.swart@us.army.mil

Status
Not open for further replies.