Any Seaward owners here?

May 12, 2020
Seaward 26RK Englewood
Both the Seaward 25 and 26 are great boats, boat design and build quality is always an evolution. The 26 is a very stable and flexible sailor. Like all things, boats are a matter of opinion, I really like the open transom of the 26, the variable draft is amazing, I did change the galley quite a bit, Modified the storage, changed out the holding tank for a water tank and added a composting toilet, Upgraded the wiring,, added flexible solar panels to Bimini and Dodger and increased battery capacity.. etc,.etc, weight and balance iaee a constant issue as you make mods. Tho truly the Seaward 26 can be an awesome pocket cruiser.

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
@Noodat Lady :

Yes, I've been looking at the 25, as well. A lot depends on what I can afford to spend, with the top-end 25s going for just a bit less than the bottom end 26s. Interestingly, I plotted fifteen 26s and five 25s by age and asking price, and the 25s lie pretty well exactly on the same depreciation curve as the 26s. In other words, the boats are the same price, by age. Since my price point lies right on the boundary between the lowest-price 26s and the highest-price 25s, it really comes down to which boat I like better.

I have to admit, my experience with the Mac 26S biases me toward a boat that sits low on the trailer. I agree that the tongue extension probably puts them in about the same position relative to the water (and you can bet I'll do the math on that). But it's one more thing to do at launch, one more thing to do at recovery, and one more mechanism to maintain. I'd like to avoid that, if I could. Balancing against that, of course, is the retracting keel, which raises its own set of concerns.

So, yeah, I'm still mulling it over. Fortunately, I have another year or more of saving up before I get to decide.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Tedd

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
Thanks, @Islands !

Your boat sounds a lot like what I've been dreaming of. What year is it?