Any P-39-1 Owners out there?

Nov 14, 2021
Pearson P31-2 Indialantic
Hi All,
I'm writing a review on a 1975 P39 for Good Old Boat magazine and am looking for owners input and had some questions. I had limited access on a local boat and the owner is now out of town so I was hoping to fill in some details that he didn't know or that has been hard to find and also just get others opinions. Please let me know if you can help out with this request.
Thanks,
Joe

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Hi All,
I'm writing a review on a 1975 P39 for Good Old Boat magazine and am looking for owners input and had some questions. I had limited access on a local boat and the owner is now out of town so I was hoping to fill in some details that he didn't know or that has been hard to find and also just get others opinions. Please let me know if you can help out with this request.
Thanks,
Joe
I owned one for 21 years. Yawl. Wonderful yacht.

Nov 14, 2021
Pearson P31-2 Indialantic
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the replies. I've posted at the Pearson Portal and a few other forums and have gotten some feedback from owners. Everyone remarked on the boats looks and sailing ability, even with the board up.

Rick, I'm down to a couple of unanswered questions that perhaps you might know.
- How many P39's were built? I've heard about 12 yawls were made.
- What year and hull number was yours if you remember?
- Hull/deck joint, it's got fasteners and was glassed over. Do you know the size and spacing of the bolts? Inward or outward flange?
- Hull, solid fiberglass, how thick? The deck is balsa core but heard some had solid laminate from the toe rail in about a foot, any knowledge of this?
- I haven't heard of any real design or build issues from others, what do you think? Several reports about leaking large ports and stanchions but not unusual for an older boat.
Thanks,
Joe