Any Laguna 30 owners out there?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Just a suggestion, perhaps a cleat is a better tie off for your furler, than a cam cleat. I have heard that very few cleats have ever broken or untied the line and let the jib unfurl.

Apr 1, 2017
Laguna 30 Newburryport
Happy Spring - I think!
The new Genoa arrived the other day! I cant wait to see how the new sails perform.
So far I’ve changed my oil and filter, replaced my roller fuller line with some new double braid, replaced three of the thru hulls at the transom, changed the anode on my prop shaft and finished antifoul painting the hull.
I just picked up some paint to redo the bootstripe - just need the rain to stop.
The big project I’ve got coming up is to replace the alternator bracket on my Universal M-18. Not looking forward to that, but it’s gotta be done. I got the replacement bracket upgrade a couple days ago and I’ve been soaking everything with penetrating oil. Should be ok.
You ready to launch?

Moogie

Jun 15, 2018
Laguna 30 Harrison township
Not even close.. almost done scraping off the old blue anti fouling.. still have the wrap on. Should be about 3 weeks and we will be in, kind of nervous as we keep the boat on the clinton river, and the water is almost over the docks. Sails are at Kent sail getting cleaned and inspected, looking forward to a good season

Apr 1, 2017
Laguna 30 Newburryport
Well the marina didn’t get the boat in the water for Memorial Day. They’re really behind because of the strong currents in the Merrimack. I was looking forward to getting out there, but I understand they need to be safe. Worked on the teak yesterday - removing old Cetol and applying Teak Oil.
Looks a lot better. The Cetol looked like old picnic bench stain.
Today’s project is a hull waxing. I wasn’t going to bother, but since I have the time I might as well. The new boot stripe paint really helped. It was definitely overdue.
My engine work came out great. I removed the salt water heat exchanger and exhaust manifolds and removed the injectors and glow plugs. Had the hx and manifold dip tanked, bead blasted and painted, replaced the manifold studs with longer ones for the new alternator bracket and had the injectors rebuilt. Everything went back together with anti seize, so no worries there. I replaced all the hoses and fuel lines around the engine too. They were all pretty dry rotted.

At least the rain seems to be holding off!

Moogie

Jun 15, 2018
Laguna 30 Harrison township
We are putting on the last coats of barrier and new vc17 today.. should be in this week

Apr 1, 2017
Laguna 30 Newburryport
How’s everyone’s Summer so far?
The boat is on a slip this year. So nice! Expensive, but I can just walk onboard after work an putter all I want.
I’ve rewired all the 110 volt stuff on the boat. The old wiring was downright dangerous. Some of the wiring was done with that black line cord you can buy at Home Depot. It was all severely rotten. I replaced the breakers and added GFCI duplex receptacles while I was at it.
I also just finished rewiring the engine as well. No more of those junk “ trailer connectors”.
I’ll post pics of the old harness. It melted really bad and I’m lucky the boat didn’t burn down!
2 brand new 800 gah bilge pumps all newly wired up too.
The new sails are amazing! The boat is much faster and feels more controlled. The North Sails Genoa kicks butt.
I bought a bunch of Sunbrella fabric to redo my cushions, but that’s on the back burner for now.
Time to Sail!