Anchor roller modification

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
I have the stock arrangement on a 2004 Hunter 41. As the anchor is deployed the stem bangs the furlex. I really don;t want to cut the sail, reduce sail area and raise the rum/ I've seen anchor roller modifications that look like the keep the stem from hitting it as the anchor is deployed - anyone have any experience with this ?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
If you were to move the anchor by hand past the point at which the (I assume you mean the shank) hits the furler before you deploy it, wouldn't this solve the problem?

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I have the stock arrangement on a 2004 Hunter 41. As the anchor is deployed the stem bangs the furlex. I really don;t want to cut the sail, reduce sail area and raise the rum/ I've seen anchor roller modifications that look like the keep the stem from hitting it as the anchor is deployed - anyone have any experience with this ?
I had this problem with my new 44DS. I simply installed another pin in the cat just below the furler so that the anchor shaft is forced down to pass beneath the furler drum.

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
Thanks, Joe - have to find a fabricator then - was thinking something like that but I don;t have the tools or especially the talent

Sep 27, 2008
Hunter 41 Longport,NJ
I had this problem with my new 44DS. I simply installed another pin in the cat just below the furler so that the anchor shaft is forced down to pass beneath the furler drum.

Thanks ! you wouldn't happen to have some pictures - seems pretty simple if you have a good drill and bits and a straight eye ?

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
My solution was to make the anchor roller swivel up and down and add another bail close to the furler. The swivel helps deploy the anchor by carrying its weight down as soon as I hit the down button of the windlass, and the 2nd bail close to the furler prevents the chain and the shank from hitting the furler. Been working great for several years.

Attachments

Last edited: