Anchor Locker Conversion

Popps

Aug 4, 2019
Pearson 39-2 Detroit
has anyone done a conversion to the shallow anchor locker on the P39-2. Looking to add a windless, open up the shallow locker and somehow keep 200 to 300 ft of chain rode. I have a few different ideas but was wondering if anyone has had any success with any certain way. thanks!

inprin

Sep 9, 2014
Pearson 39-2 New Bern
Brian, not sure if our 39-2 was modified or not. We have a vertical windlass that feeds (with my help) into the locker. I have the locker split. On one side is 200" of chain and the other side has 150' of rode with 50' of chain. I can not measure right now but from memory, it is at least 16-18" deep.

Popps

Aug 4, 2019
Pearson 39-2 Detroit
Brian, not sure if our 39-2 was modified or not. We have a vertical windlass that feeds (with my help) into the locker. I have the locker split. On one side is 200" of chain and the other side has 150' of rode with 50' of chain. I can not measure right now but from memory, it is at least 16-18" deep.
Thanks for the info! When you get time is there any way you can send me some pics? no rush, just wondering. If you can that would be great. I don't think I have room with the current set up without cutting the bottom of the anchor floor to expose the small storage locker in front of the v-berth and have the chain feed down there. Feel free to email me at bpoppert@yahoo.com. Thanks again!

Popps

Aug 4, 2019
Pearson 39-2 Detroit
Attached is a link that shows a windlass on the deck of a P39-2.
Thanks for this! I watched the video and unfortunately the walk through doesn't show anything. I've seen some info on the boat before and will see if I can find the owners and reach out. Thanks again!