Anchor chain marking?

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Better suggestion

I have 300 feet of galvanized anchor chain (and windlass) on my Hunter 466. I have used basic hardware store paint to mark distances on the chain but it pretty much comes off after a couple uses. Has anyone got a recommendation for either special paint or other methods to mark the chain?
Thx
Roger
I have a better idea, which has many pluses, and only one minus.
Install a chain counter.
You cannot believe how wonderful it is to:
Know exactly how much rode you have down
Being able to drop anchor from the helm
Knowing when the anchor is just about to hit the surface coming up
Not using flashlights after dark trying to figure out scope, ROTC.

Only downside is it costs about $300. In my opinion, well suited for a 46 footer

Oct 3, 2011
Tayana 52 Jax
I have a better idea, which has many pluses, and only one minus. Install a chain counter. You cannot believe how wonderful it is to: Know exactly how much rode you have down Being able to drop anchor from the helm Knowing when the anchor is just about to hit the surface coming up Not using flashlights after dark trying to figure out scope, ROTC. Only downside is it costs about $300. In my opinion, well suited for a 46 footer
Only $300? What brand is it?

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Get the "quick" unit

Only $300? What brand is it?
The unit made by Quick is fabulous.
The lewmar ones are almost double the price, and do nothing more.
Don't wish to be repetitive, but on a 40 footer +, a chain counter is a no-brainier.
At any tine of day or night, you just press tegu button at your helm, and it takes 100% of the guesswork out of it.
Highly recommended.

Oct 3, 2011
Tayana 52 Jax
The unit made by Quick is fabulous. The lewmar ones are almost double the price, and do nothing more. Don't wish to be repetitive, but on a 40 footer +, a chain counter is a no-brainier. At any tine of day or night, you just press tegu button at your helm, and it takes 100% of the guesswork out of it. Highly recommended.
found the Quick panel mount for $548 plus the sensor?