Alternator output to.....

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Justin, have you ever played with one of these :

View attachment 220115

I bought one of these over 10+ years ago looking for a wire in the boat. I paid next to nothing for what I thought was a real piece of crap. I was within inches of heaving it into the ash can until I started to get the hang of using it. Nothing in the instructions about the finer points of using the tracker. It was an art, more than anything else but I got to where I could trace a wire, stashed in bundles, from one end of the boat to the other in one fell swoop, usually more often than not. It did the job for me.

Fast forward 10+ years and I'm sure they're vastly improved from what they were back then. Probably don't even have to be on your boat to trace the wire :biggrin:.
Sometimes called a Fox and Hound or a Tone Generator…

I don’t have one, but it is on my wish list!

Greg

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
You can get a toner/tracer on Amazon for as little as 20$ or less now a days and it will save you soooooo much time.
I should really update my wire tracer when you consider how much more advanced a 10 year newer model would perform. And all for $20.00.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Yeah, I just bought an endoscope/borescope on Amazon for $30. It has a wireless connection to my Android phone or tablet. I was going to tell friends it's for DIY colonoscopies, but in fact I need to find out what's blocking my fish tape in my basement ceiling.