alcohol stove upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bruce

I have 1983 Catalina 30 with the standard alcohol stove by seaward. Is their a kit or a how to book on converting it to propane? I live aboard and I would like to cook with propane. But a the new stoves are pretty expensive. Any information on the subject would be helpful. Thanks. Bruce Sirocco

T

Tony Z

Tasco

Tasco taunton stove company in North Dighton Ma. my be able to help you out.

G

Gary Jensen

stove alternative

I too have alchol for cooking (on my 36). What I did was buy a two burner propane portable cooktop from Wallmart for $15.00... I then bought a lot (10) of the small bottles that are made for it. I got them for $1 each. I can get a lot out of a bottle. (perhaps 8 weekends). The alternative was to go thru the expense of the propane conversion, which means a designated locker for propane storage. The best thing is the burners are VERY portable, I can use them in the cockpit,on shore, on another boat rafted up to me or even take them camping.The small bottles store easily so I always have a spare (try that with the large ones! HA). Anyhow that is what I do and it really works out well. Good luck....gary

Status
Not open for further replies.