Air Conditioner Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kathy H.

We want to install a Mermaid air-conditioner on a 1990 Catalina 30. How can I tell if I need a left-hand, right-hand or top discharge? Any help or advise? Thanks! Kathy

R

Rhet Tignor

A/C installation

Kathy, The outport depends where you are installing the A/C unit. I put mine (the install is just waiting for an operations check) in the main salon up against the wall the salon/head wall. I used a left hand output. Other folks have put the unit elsewhere.

J

John Mavrovich

AC

I installed a 12K reverse cycle Mermaid in my '91 C30. Placed the unit in the port side cockpit locker using a RH discharge. Main output into the galley bulkhead next to the trash door and teed a 4 inch vent hose to the head and v berth. Air return was in the side wall of the quarter berth. Stay cool!

K

Kathy H.

Thanks John Marovich for the tip on the Mermaid Marine Air Installation. The info that you provided is a big help. Will let you know how it goes.

K

Kathy H.

Air Conditioner installation

Thank you Rhet Tignor for your response! I am planning to install the unit in the Port locker behind the kitchen galley. John Mavrovich provided me with some information that was helpful on that installation procedure. Hope you have great spring sailing!

Status
Not open for further replies.