Adding kayak to sailboat

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
I was right Polar Storm Lilly hits Alaska.

Good news is winds slow down in next 12 hours.

PSLilly.jpeg

You will sail with a HIGH too. Not sure what makes you HIGH after that meal.;)
Jim...

Nov 21, 2007
Beneteau Oceanis 34 Kingston, WA
2350 PDT. Wind is back up and blowing from the south. Point Wilson weather station reports 37 mph gusting to 56 mph.
The wind is certainly testing the rigging as it sings and moans in the dark.
56mph gusts... WOW! That would certainly make the rigging sing! Good thing to have extra lines for security and comfort (physical and mental).

We were on a cruise ship in the Aleutian Islands in 2019 when we ended up cruising circles northeast of Dutch Harbor for an entire day, waiting for a gap in between two storms.

Stormy - 1.jpeg Stormy - 2.jpeg Stormy - 3.jpeg Stormy - 1 (1).jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Yes. Those Alaskan Low pressure storms are nasty. I flew in on a quick meet and greet business trip to Dutch Harbor back in the 90’s. They wanted milk, but wanted to know who they were dealing with. It will be just a quick overnight. Arrived with an overnight bag a couple pairs of underwear and a tooth brush. Storm came in, plane was grounded. 3 days. Learned it was a normal occurrence for Dutch Harbor. Gave me an, in your face, understanding of the logistics involved. Turned out to be a good contract with some really personable folk.

We left PT about 11. Once we rounded Partridge Point a great breeze showed up on the beam. We reached along towards Lopez Island for about 3 hours. Sun came out and warmed our chilled bones. AP went gunny bag. The placement clutch arm broke. Nice sail. Till the wind died. We powered the last 3-5 miles. Found a quite anchorage in Watmough Bay. Grilled chicken dinner and a bit of wine to celebrate the first voyage with my sister.