Adding 2nd Shore Power Connector and Switch

May 22, 2017
Catalina 310 Lake Carlyle
Fellow Sailors
I believe this topic should have been covered in the past so sorry to bring it up again but I would like to add a second shore power connector in my anchor well so I can pull the boat forward into my slip and not have to run a 50 ft. cable. (Backing in gives a terrible view)
Is there a post to tell how to connect the cable from the new 30 amp switch/breaker to the ground isolator and cabin power panel to duplicate the rear connector & switch connections. (Rear 30 amp switch/breaker will be powered off)
Hopefully a schematic showing connections.
Where to position the new 30 amp switch/breaker in the cabin?
Where to purchase the standard round connector and the switch/breaker?
Also, my main panel has a Master Ckt. breaker and a three position main AC switch: 1) Shore Power, 2) AC Voltage off, 3) Inverter On. (This switch provides shore power isolation when using the inverter.)
Where do I position the connector in the anchor well? etc.
Thanks
Frank Hines
"No Tippy" (Official Renaming Ceremony took place this last weekend.)

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Here's some info on the Catalina 36 site that may be a good guide: https://www.catalina36.org/forum/general-discussion/mark-ii-additional-shore-power-inlet
One of the first warnings on this thread is, if you're not very comfortable with marine 120 V AC wiring, better leave it to a pro. Doing this wrong would be an excellent way to burn your boat to the waterline or electrocuting yourself. I have this setup installed by a PO. I'm having an electrician re-do this in the winter because it was not properly isolated - when power is on in the front, the stern power connection is electrically charged.

Personally, if I were to be doing this project, I would go with a SmartPlug to avoid the fire risk.