40.5 having fun....

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle

I hope this is a mid-week distraction for the office for many. We raced our 1993 40.5 in the Swiftsure and made a video to show her in action.

Those of you in the Pacific Northwest are likely familiar with the Swiftsure, for others around the globe, the Swiftsure is an iconic Canadian/US race that takes place on Memorial Day weekend each year. It runs from Victoria, BC on Vancouver island to the Pacific Ocean.

We don't take ourselves too seriously but we push her hard as you'll see. The 40.5 is slow compared to the fleet (126 PHRF) but do relatively well and as importantly think we may have the happiest crew!

If you have a few minutes to spare, come ride with us. Feel free to reach out if you're in the Seattle area, we may have some crew spots opening for local races... or maybe we can just to catch up cruising in WA or BC....

Frederick
SV Pardon My French
Seattle, WA

Apr 21, 2017
Hunter 42 Passage Punta Gorda
Very cool video, well found boat and grooving crew. Well done and thanks for sharing !

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Nicely done! Did you do three a shift? Three hour shifts?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
So, next race, you should do one with an all-gal crew. I did two overnight races and they trophied both times and were tenacious!

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
OK, so next time you should do an all-female crew. I did that twice in overnight races to San Diego and had great fun. And, the gals were tenacious!
Ha That's awesome. We had two on board and they were awesome!