3GM30F heat exchanger fitting part number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2009
Hunter 35 Whitby, ON
PO had cut the heat exchanger hoses and tapped off the engine outlet / inlet ports. Probably leak or blockage in the heat exchanger.
Because of leaks I am changing the heat exchanger.
Plan to go all the way and reconnect the heat exchanger.
Problem: Calls to Yanmar agents all respond with "What is the part number?"
Well, no online source, that I have found, has a detailed diagram of the part and the part number.
If I had a part number, I could order every part that Yanmar has ever made but without one I am stuck.
Has anyone got an idea of the part number.

Could they just be a standard industrial fittings that were just tapped into the cooling water manifold?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Apr 26, 2009
Hunter 35 Whitby, ON
They all want a part number but cannot be bothered to look it up - if they can.
Plan B: take out one of the engine plugs and go to an RV dealer.
I cannot find a labeled diagram online.
Yanmar dealers are a waste of time.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
I would be sure to go to the Yanmar deal with the part.

New heat exchangers are a couple thousand bucks.

Apr 26, 2009
Hunter 35 Whitby, ON
I am replacing the hot water heater and reconnecting it the heat exchanger in the heater to the engine. Hot water heater $400.

Apr 26, 2009
Hunter 35 Whitby, ON
There is no part number because it nipples are an "accessory" and not supported by Yanmar. There are places cast into the engine but these are then drilled and tapped and fitted with 'normal' plumbing hardware. Fair enough, but took a long time to find that out.
OK. Now I need to find the second opening in the fresh water system. I have found one - plugged just to the left of the housing for of the thermostat hose.
Any Hunter/Yanmar 34, 35, 35.5 etc., owner where the return hose would go. Ideally with a picture of the layout.?
Many thanks if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.