356 weaknesses

May 16, 2007
Boatless ! 26 Ottawa, Ontario
You should be able to find one if you want one. I was told it was one of the most popular models Hunter made, about 500 were sold in the USA and about 250 in Europe. If there were any significant problems with this model it would be well known.
Bob

Mar 30, 2013
Hunter 356 Georgian Bay
Make sure the moisture meter isn't being pegging out by the metal backing plates Hunter glassed into the deck in several location.

Jul 19, 2013
Hunter 356 La Paz, MX
We have not seen any evidence of a problem on our boat but some of the early 356's developed some stress cracks around the chain plates for the inner stays. Hunter has a kit to reinforce this area from the inside of the cabin, it is a about a day to install and will not be noticeable once installed.
I am searching for this chainplate solution and just posted a request myself. Any idea if this chainplate kit is available? I have cracks in the gelcoat both sides on my 2003 356.

May 16, 2007
Boatless ! 26 Ottawa, Ontario
I am searching for this chainplate solution and just posted a request myself. Any idea if this chainplate kit is available? I have cracks in the gelcoat both sides on my 2003 356.
I was told by Steve Pettengill the kit was available from the Hunter factory. Maybe send him an email and he will be able to fill you in on the details, slpettengill@comcast.net

Good luck, Bob