272 Midship Cleats

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Has anyone done midship cleats on his 272? I don't think they are standard, and I saw one with them the other day. The teak toe rail was shortened at the midship stanchion, and the cleat was mounted on the toe rail mount.
What have others done?

Thanks,
Andrew

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
No I have not seen that....I have used my headsail car (moves fore and aft)...as a cleat upon occasion, just to stabilize the boat in a storm, etc....not often though...I do not have the standard cars that came with the boat, but rather some pretty stout
harken cars that are hell for stout.....all in all though, I have not used the harken cars for that purpose more than once or twice
in the last 5 years.....I've used the harken car to hang bumpers on as well, but again, not often at all. I have some very large
bumpers 12-14 inch dia....that I hang off the starboard top lifeline when I leave the boat to return to Wichita in case of storms with heavy winds...

jiml

Jul 3, 2004
Oday 272LE alum creek
Bought a moveable cleat that slides onto the rail /track of the jibsheet fairlead. Works great and its moveable.

Aug 3, 2012
Bought a moveable cleat that slides onto the rail /track of the jibsheet fairlead. Works great and its moveable.
I saw those! Thanks for the recommendation!

Jan 29, 2008
Oday 30 Marinette
There were midship cleats on my Oday 30 when I bought it. The teak risers that raise the cleats above the toe rail have really deteriorated over the years. I was hoping someone else had similar cleats so I could see the shape of the teak risers. The cleats are mounted inside the toe rail.

Aug 3, 2012
There were midship cleats on my Oday 30 when I bought it. The teak risers that raise the cleats above the toe rail have really deteriorated over the years. I was hoping someone else had similar cleats so I could see the shape of the teak risers. The cleats are mounted inside the toe rail.
You may want to move this to a new thread. I don't know if you will get much attention under this title: "272 Midship Cleats"