25' sailboat tailer value

Apr 3, 2018
O'day 25 cb Mosquito Creek
Any opinions on what I should list my 1982 25' sailboat trailer for on craigslist? Once I splash my O'Day I wont have a need for her trailer and I will be selling it here in Iowa.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
Unless you have no place to keep it I personally would hang on to it. When I had my trailerable sailboat the trailer was invaluable for cheap haul outs, moving the boat to where it was easy to work on etc. What costs hundreds of $ for a haul out for our 37 footer used to be $25 for the trailerable. Even if you don't have a suitable vehicle that can always be rented.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
As @Johnb says keep the trailer. Sooner or later that boat is coming out of the water to have the bottom painted or out for the winter. Plus if you ever decide to sell the boat, having a trailer will be a big selling point.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Finding a decent trailer is SOOOO hard

Keep the trailer! Put it on cinder blocks and store the tires in the shed

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Pricing is probably very regional.
Sailboat trailers are not the same as powerboat trailers so getting a buyer may be tough unless the buyer can modify it themselves.
When I sold my O'day 25 I got calls from several states away from people who were only interested in it if there was a trailer.
I agree with the others comments about keeping it but only if you have free storage for it and you will not be needing it yearly.

I'd be checking eBay and craigslist to get ideas for pricing in your area.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I agree with the others comments about keeping it but only if you have free storage for it
That's the real question? If you don't have storage for the trailer you can't keep it. What are your Winter plans? Storing on the trailer is cheap if you have the space. Also, you can try out new cruising grounds, even if you don't have time to sail there.
Your boat isn't the most trailerable boat, but it is a lot better than some. Take advantage of your advantages.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 3, 2012
Performance Cruising Telstar 28 302 Watkins Glen
Keep the trailer! It is convenient for maintenance and repair. It is a huge asset at resale time! You could get as much for the trailer as for the boat.

May 29, 2018
O'day 23 Jacksonville, FL
By all means keep your trailer for all the reasons everybody has posted. A sailboat-specific trailer is very hard to find. I'm looking for a trailer for my O'day 23. If anyone has or knows of one for sale within 300 miles of Jacksonville, FL please let me know.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Any opinions on what I should list my 1982 25' sailboat trailer for on craigslist? Once I splash my O'Day I wont have a need for her trailer and I will be selling it here in Iowa.
Pics would be needed to estimate the trailer's value.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
So, to address your original question, if you still want/need to sell your trailer.
Older double-axle sailboat trailer in good shape in the Midwest. Somewhere around $1200 to $2000 (adjust for state and age of tires, winch, etc.). It is worth more but, I expect it will be hard to sell. You will have to match it up with the owner of a compatible sailboat or someone looking for a foundation trailer to modify.
Good luck and great sailing on your new boat.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
Don't listen to these guys what's your address on the way to take off your hands. I'll do ya a big favor and hold on to it free of charge. Sailboat trailer so hard to find. Especially if they not rusty.