2018 Sun Gypsy cruise

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Wow Michael. A beautiful trip.
Nice weather to motor home. Do not think I’ve seen race rocks so calm

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Nice weather to motor home.
The forecast said we would have some wind. Wrong again! I think we used the Genny for a couple of hours. Couldn't have asked for better weather to motor however.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
What a great trip. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for bringing us all along. I hope you invite us to join you again on your next adventure.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
You'll have to get out here and join us Will. We'll be here as long as we're able.
I sure hope to sometime. The number of friends I have in the PNW has grown exponentially since joining SBO. It would be good to meet some of you in person someday.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
@Will Gilmore You are welcome to join us sailing the wonderful waters of the PacficNW. We are arranging a multi day 2019 Winter adventure that will take us from Everett north to Vancouver BC for a day at the Canadian Boat Show. Then out across the Georgia Strait to cruise down through the Canadian Gulf Islands, back to the San Juans to renter the USA and then back to Everett. Our hope is the weather will cooperate. It will at the least be interesting and always fun.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
All you guys in the PNW are awesome and too kind.
I really hope to make it out there some day. My wife looks at jssailem's avitar and says, that's nice, but no thank you. I'm working on her. She'll come around. It may take a while though.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
Tell her to look at Les's avatar. He is in a short sleeve shirt on a Pacific NW sunny day.
We had one of those about 3 years ago. I think it was July 12th, but I could be mistaken.
My other avatar was on that lovely sunny day...
OldManoftheSea.jpeg
But I was wet and cold from taking water over the bow.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
Michael you probably photo shopped that tee shirt on and the blue sky. Your wife is wearing a Sherpa Fleece. There is no telling where that photo was taken if it even was in Canada... :biggrin:

Though I did sail in the Gulf Islands and we had a sunny day in October 2017.

Oct 22, 2014
Oh now your just rubbing it in... As I sit here wondering if it is Beer time down in merry old Oregon.... I need a sailing fix... bad.
Is it true is sunny but windless? South Pender Isl is reporting 55 and CALM.
maybe next weekend...