2011 O'day rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruidh

Oct 1, 2007
Oday 23 Manhasset Bay, LI
And thanks to Pete for all the work that goes into this event. I look forward to it every year.

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 40 New Bern
Also, many thanks to all the people who just showed up! Watched Mary Poppins and Estopa blast by us Thursday morning as we were anchored behind Charles Island after that terriffic blow Wed., but really enjoyed dinner at HYC with everyone, and getting to meet the crew of Kadaria. Will post pictures on the facebook page as soon as I figure out how. Many thanks also to the people at Newport. Hope to see many of you next year!

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
Thank you Pete for hosting a great rOnDAYvous and all you rOnDAYvousers for welcoming us. We had a wonderful time and are looking forward to next year.

As promised here is the Rum Cake recipe I got from Cruising Compass:

Captain Morgan Rum Cake

Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 12 to 16
Ingredients:

Cake
1 cup chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts
1 18-1/2 ounce yellow cake mix
1 3-1/2 ounce instant vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold milk or heavy cream (richer taste)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

Glaze
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1½ tbls light brown sugar
1/2 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum

Prep:
Cake: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on bottom of pan. Combine all cake ingredients. Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan. Invert on serving plate. ***** top with fork. Drizzle glaze over top of Bacardi Rum Cake. Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.

Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in rum. Note: The rum will cause steam. Be careful not to burn yourself.

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Thanks Salty. I have the feeling we will make one or two of these in the coming weeks.:dance::dance::dance:

Salty

Dec 2, 2008
Catalina 390 14 Perth Amboy, NJ
George, Great video. Great capture of rOnDAYvous 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.