2008 Oceanis 40 Windlass

May 25, 2009
beneteau oceanis 40 Buffalo, NY
I am trying to trouble shoot a non-working windlass(QUICK). Worked fine then letting out anchor. A few hours later when going to pull anchor up It didn't work. I have checked with meter that remote works fine. Have power to solenoid (QUICK T501), but triggering remote does nothing, solenoid does nothing. The question I have is the wire to the solenoid for the fusible link which should be (+) has no power, I am unable to find the usable link and the beneteau manual states it is a negative fusible link. Where is the hydraulic fusible link?? Is is positive or negative??

Aug 27, 2014
Beneteau 373 San Diego
My 2007 373 won't work unless the engine is running. Simple but no one ever told me that until mine worked fine setting the anchor. Then nothing when trying to get pull it up.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
[QUOTE="My 2007 373 won't work unless the engine is running....QUOTE]

Spot on, Helmfam. I'd be surprised if there was a boat where you CAN use the windlass without the engine running. No doubt there are some, but I learned the easy way, thanks to bareboating years ago. I run the engine around 2000 when using the windlass. Saves draining your batteries, especially if it takes multiple attempts to set the anchor.

Oct 29, 2006
Beneteau 381 Olympia, WA
Sounds like you've done some initial testing of the remote but we had the exact same experience first time using our anchor so I thought I'd mention it. In our case it turned out the pin connector for "up" was broken off in the socket. I replaced the socket and been working fine since.