2007 Bene 373 Refrigerator not working yet the freezer is.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Welcome, describe your unit (s) as best as you can. Year, make and model and general description. Include a brief recent history of the unit and describe the problem as best as you can. This will get you quicker and better response. Is your refrigerator a front loader single unit with a freezer comparment? What is the actual temperature in the freezer? Can it reach 0 Farenheit? What is the actual temperature on the refrigerator? What is the ambient temperature? If it is a single unit with two separate comparments they both should be working off the same cooling components. Make sure the cooling coils are clean, frost in the coils is a sign of low refrigerant. Is there a fan to circulate cold air from the freezer to the refrigerator section or is there a set of dampers. make sure there are no obstructions. Check the thermostat settings. Has the unit been running or was it Off and just turned on? Was enough time allowed for the refrigerator section to cool? Hopefully some Benetau guy will chime in with some better first hand knowledge.

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Not exactly familiar with 373 but on my 423 the frig feeds off the freezer. If the frost from freezer blocks the holes no cold air can get in. Also there is a fan between the two that is attached to the frig thermostat that may be frozen or broke. I would inspect and maybe even defrost freezer as a starting point.

Good luck!

Jul 10, 2020
Beneteau 41.1 Cedar point, OH
Thank you for the responses.
I am buying the boat this weekend. It has the seafrost set up. The Condenser is under the sink. The freezer is in the counter and I'd say it was around 45 degrees and the refrigerator was at 69 degrees. Ambient temp in low 80's. Connected to shore power and running for 2 hours. some frost on the lines in the freezer. The dial on the refrigerator was set to 7 the coldest setting.
I will get more info soon.

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
That freezer is not going to freeze anything at 45 F and nothing wrong with the temperature difference between freezer and fridge. It takes a while for these units to come down to temperature. Put a jug of water in the freezer and one in the refrigerator and run the unit from 12-24 hours and check the temperatures. The unit seems to be working, but if inadequate temperatures it could be low on freon. Make sure the coils are clean and fans are working.

Sep 26, 2012
Beneteau 373 Toronto
Assuming your refrigerant pressure is ok, check the proportioning valve. If iced up or moisture in it will not work correctly. It is located in the icebox at rear behind where lid hinges. Read up on it on Seafrost before touching it! It’s expensive but IMHO best thing is to scrap entire system, it is the worst design of any boat I have seen. Sorry. Had my system looked at several times by professionals, advice was to get new which I did but I converted the freezer to combination icebox/fridge and using fridge for bottles storage.

Jul 10, 2020
Beneteau 41.1 Cedar point, OH
Update:
The freezer will freeze things sitting next to the plate o/w not. The lines have frost on them. The thermostat works in the refrigerator and the solenoid is also operational between the freezer and refrigerator. I defrosted everything and still not cooling in refrigerator. I tried adjusting the proportioning valve with no change. The evaporator plate in the refrigerator has a little moisture on it and dripping from it.
Any ideas on what to check or do next?

thanks