2006 Hunter 25 need mast crutch or pictures ....

Mar 8, 2018
Hunter 240 Texas Gulf Coast
My 2006 25 was missing the mast crutch (plus alot of other things...) I've found pictuers of the boat on the trailer but always with the mast up. It doesn't appear to have a "socket in the deck like my 240.." so its dimensions and method of attachment remain a bit of a mystery. Otherwise the boat is coming along nicely. Thanks again for everyones help

Attachments

Jan 8, 2020
S2 9.2a Belmont Bay, VA
Waveform, My 2007 Hunter 25 has a plate affixed to the deck attached to the mast with a pin located aft. The first pic is with the mast lowered. I bought my Hunter from a couple that bent the plate that holds the gin pole (the attached pic is with the plate removed) when they lowered the mast. I got a great deal because they thought the mast needed to be replaced. $50 part from Marlow and I was back in business. The second pic is with the mast repaired and raised.

Attachments

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Assuming it’s the crutch for lowering your mast into there is an image of it in the 2009 manual. - looks to attach to the rudder bracket. unfortunately no measurements.

169FFFA8-134D-45C2-B46C-FB5F10548360.jpeg
could it be the emergency tiller serving two functions?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Contact Dave groshong at the forum store. The owner of this websit and parts owner use to be the parts mgr at Hunter

Mar 8, 2018
Haven't been checking the forum for awhile got on this AM and found JeffC21331 reply w/pics for my 2006 h25. This is exactly what I needed. More to follow....Thanks Jeff and all the forum!

Apr 7, 2006
Hunter 25 Spicewood, Texas
Your welcome. I don't check the forum too often. My boat is going back in the water this weekend after being out for months dealing with a lot of little fixes. It now has new bottom paint (vc17m), all new canvas made with our new sailrite sewing machine using vinyl backed sunbrella, all new led lighting, a new headsail made by our local Bartlett sails, and a bunch of other little fixes. Fortunately, we are able to boat here on Lake Travis with members of our own household during our current stay at home order.
IMG_0254.jpg

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@waveform

The 25 had a standard mast crutch for all ty25 style boats to carry the mast mounted on the transom which to carry the mast when down. You can order one the the forum store which is why I suggested calling Dave Groshong.

The mast raise pole is a different issue to enable you to lower and raise the mast but that depends on the mast mfg as several were used during that time. Can you send a photograph the lower fry base of the mast to be sure.

I was not sure if you are talking about one or both items. Former dealer

Mar 8, 2018
My first post was messed up, I needed what I call the "transport crutch" but left out the "transport.." part. Got great replies and JeffC21331 sent along excellent pics of exactly the item. Looks like the latest H25's had 2 options, one w/ wheel steering and one w/ tiller. On the tiller models it appears the tiller rotates up and becomes the transport crutch and on the wheel model the transport crutch slides into the big stainless rudder bracket during transport and stepping only. So I've selected a piece of soft looking .120X2.0"X10' aluminum from the pile and will see what I come up with. More to follow... Thanks Again to the forum, this would be alot more difficult w/o everyone's help!
IMG_0026.JPG

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Wheel steering was an option offered with all boats. If memory serves me correctly, the mast or transport pole was the same for either wheel or tilller.